• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.0.2

Version 1.0.2

Fixes
    - Arm Stay system status
    - Small change to prevent "Sending Display Faults command to alarm" from triggering too often

New Features
    - Message trigger: trigger an event on a specific alarm message
    - Custom status and graphics per zone and for the system status device (98). See the device property page to change these settings.

Installation Instructions
    You may install this new version over any existing version. The old version will be uninstalled.

Note: When you start using the new Custom status/graphics, please remember to turn Off the option "Display device value string". It is not needed.

Please post any issues with this version to this thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; June 26, 2009, 01:47 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Thanks alot Mark!

Man, where is my AD2USB I have to write them an email. still no package.

Comment

Mark,
      Very nice on the custom graphics, I'll test this new version over the weekend and post back results.

Is the time based triggers and conditions using "Device Value Change" for events in the works?

Nice work Mark this is a great plug-in.

Cheers
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
        Mark,
        Very nice on the custom graphics, I'll test this new version over the weekend and post back results.

Is the time based triggers and conditions using "Device Value Change" for events in the works?

Nice work Mark this is a great plug-in.

Cheers
        Jim
        Jim,

The beauty of the custom value/graphics pairs I added is it allow you to use these values in the standard homeseer "device value change" trigger or the "device condition" to setup time based triggers and conditions; thus i don't need to mod the 'vista alarm' triggers or conditions.

See the two samples below. In the first screen shot, i changed the "Fault" status to "Open" and it shows my value when i create the trigger. the second screen shot is similar, it just tracks the disarmed-ready time. Both of these scenarios are possible with the conditions as well.

If you had something completely different in mind, please give me an example.
        Attached Files
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
          This is exactly what I had in mind; I just looked and I selected the wrong device and did not see that you added this feature .

I took another look after you made your post and realized I must be blind as a bat . Mark this feature for events is going to work out awesome.

Thanks; I'll play this weekend and post back

Cheers,
          Jim

Comment

I installed the 1.0.2 version this weekend.

I like it a lot.

I do have an issue that i'm not sure if i'm doing it right.

I'm trying to use one of the new trigger types.. (Vista Alarm Message Trigge)

I have in my log:

Event Log
            6/22/2009 1:23:28 PM
            Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
            6/22/2009 1:23:38 PM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm

So i set up an event as follows:

Trigger type: Vista Alarm Message Tirgger
            Keypad message:
            ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
            But the event never triggers

Am i doing something wrong?

Can i provide more information to help with this?
            Attached Files
            Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Andrew,
              Have you tried other msgs? And not to ask a dumb question but is the event enabled?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I was initially trying:

DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs

And when that didn't fire.. i made a new event with the

And.. there are no dumb questions.. although i have been known to provide some dumb answers in my time..

Yes.. the event is enabled.. (i went back and checked .. because .. well.. let's just say this has happened before)..

I'm wondering.. do i need it in "quotes" such as:

"****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm "

I've tried with and without the trailing space.. (i copy it from the HS log into the event text box)
                Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Spaces and quotes aren't necessary. I guess I'll have to check the code. It worked when I tested
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Andrew,

i tried triggering on "ARMED *INSTANT* You may exit now" (without quotes) and it worked, but when tried triggering on "****DISARMED**** READY TO ARM", the trigger did not work

I am starting to think (based on the homeseer plugin SDK) that the "*" at the being of the msg may be a problem. HS maybe interrupting this differently.

Please try a standard FAULT msg and see if it triggers as expected.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      Andrew,
                      Please try a standard FAULT msg and see if it triggers as expected.
                      O.K...

I set up an event to trigger on

Fault 12

and it did work as expected.

However.. my event that is supposed to trigger on:

Did not trigger last night...

Summary:

Working Message Trigger:

Fault 12

Non-Working Message Trigger(s)

I'm intrigued by the what is causing the difference.

I'll work with you (as you have time.. i know you probably have a real life) to find a solution if possible.

Thanks
                      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Andrew,

I think i figured out the problem...for what every reason, the .trim method is not removing all trailing spaces in all cases. there are probably at least two blank spaces after the non-working msgs that did not get removed thus the trigger did not get executed.

I fix this in 1.0.3
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          Andrew,

I think i figured out the problem...for what every reason, the .trim method is not removing all trailing spaces in all cases. there are probably at least two blank spaces after the non-working msgs that did not get removed thus the trigger did not get executed.

I fix this in 1.0.3
                          Thanks a lot Mark..

I love this plugin.. it has added tremendous functionality (and WAF) to the system...

I'll look forward to 1.0.3 when you have time.

Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I really have not had time yet to test everything with this new release. I did have time to use the new custom value/graphics and the new "device value change" event trigger. These work awesome.

I will finish plug-in testing this weekend; I'll be sure to post results. I also visited the HomeSeer store today and purchased the plug-in; this plug-in is well worth the money.

I hope other HomeSeer users are looking to integrate the Ademco Vista alarm systems into there home automation systems. This is really a solid plug-in right out of the box.

Cheers

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
                              I really have not had time yet to test everything with this new release. I did have time to use the new custom value/graphics and the new "device value change" event trigger. These work awesome.

I will finish plug-in testing this weekend; I'll be sure to post results. I also visited the HomeSeer store today and purchased the plug-in; this plug-in is well worth the money.

I hope other HomeSeer users are looking to integrate the Ademco Vista alarm systems into there home automation systems. This is really a solid plug-in right out of the box.

Cheers

Jim
                              Glad the new features are working for you. I have fixed the Message Trigger problem and will incorporate that into the next version.

If you have any other feature requests, let me know when you have time

thanks again for your support.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X