CAPI Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPI Questions

I apologize if these questions have been answered already - I can't find them anywhere.

First: what is the difference between CAPIGetControl and CAPIGetControlEx? They seem to return different arrays of controls, but I can't figure out how they are different.

Second: I'm confused about how to select a single control using CAPIGeTSingleControl. Can you explain what the parameters mean when calling this function?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide - the documentation is a bit thin on CAPI ...

I think that CAPIGetControl and CAPIGetControlEx both return arrays of the type CAPIControl. The difference is the additional SingleRangeEntry boolean parameter - I *think* that this if set to true may only bring you back controls which are value ranges rather than single values. You may need to test this in the absence of an actual answer...

CAPIGetSingleControl will return a single CAPIControl that matches the reference, label and it appears whether or not you wish to evaluate the whole label (say you had a status pair called 'At Work' or 'Not At Work' this would be where this went), part of it and whether or not you specify you want the correct case sensitivity. Again the documentation is not too in depth about this which is unfortunate considering this is now the de-facto method to control devices but thats life. I've done bits about speaking with CAPI but I found the same issues around documentation, looking at the developer webinar I can't see anything obvious about CAPI but will take a look.

Comment

For an easy way to inspect the CapiControls defined for a device, download and try the free tenScriptAid utility.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Mr. Happy, thanks for the input - I will test your suggestion and report back the results.

Tenholde, thanks - the utility is amazing - I can't imagine using CAPI without this going forward.

Comment

CAPI

Still having basement light coming at random through the day..
          Attached I stop it I was thinking of changing the X10 code .Mar-19 8:41:29 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:41:27 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:41:15 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:17:46 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:17:40 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 9:49:00 AM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 6:10:09 AM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-18 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) Mar-17 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) Mar-17 2:24:25 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:24:19 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:23:07 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:23:02 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 1:57:19 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 1:57:13 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-16 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0)

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
            Still having basement light coming at random through the day..
            Attached I stop it I was thinking of changing the X10 code .Mar-19 8:41:29 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:41:27 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:41:15 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:17:46 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 8:17:40 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 9:49:00 AM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-19 6:10:09 AM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-18 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) Mar-17 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) Mar-17 2:24:25 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:24:19 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:23:07 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 2:23:02 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 1:57:19 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-17 1:57:13 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Mar-16 10:00:00 PM Device Control Device: BASEMENT BASEMENT BASEMENT LIGHTS to Off (0)
            As it is random and it is being controlled by CAPI then you have a fighting chance of finding out what is causing this, it is likely to be;

1) Manual control from someone - have you checked all users
            2) Could it be coming from a touch screen perhaps with a button which still has an old device added to it?
            3) An event that is triggering and you are unaware of it, filter your events by this device and see what events have this device in. Check the triggers of these events.

Comment

Working...
            X