Everspring ST814 and Z-Wave Beta 3.0.1.184

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring ST814 and Z-Wave Beta 3.0.1.184

Been trying out Z-wave Beta 3.0.1.184 mainly to solve UZB Start up issues (which it solves)

However, my Everspring ST814 Temp & Humidity Sensors reports are not processed at all.

Returning to 3.0.1.130 sees the ST814 temp and humidity reporting working fine.

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

Originally posted by peterford View Post
    Been trying out Z-wave Beta 3.0.1.184 mainly to solve UZB Start up issues (which it solves)

However, my Everspring ST814 Temp & Humidity Sensors reports are not processed at all.

Yes, my ST814 stopped reporting temp and humidity sometime in the last month. I'm currently on 3.0.1.179 but I'm not sure at which version in stopped reporting.

It still wakes up on its set wakeup interval so it isn't dead.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by peterford View Post

yep, same here, 130 works fine, 184 screws up ST814.

Comment

Originally posted by erdek View Post
        yep, same here, 130 works fine, 184 screws up ST814.

We should probably submit bugzilla reports on this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
          We should probably submit bugzilla reports on this.
          Submitted Bug #3575

Comment

I too had issues with it sometime in the last 2 months. I remember changing a few things to get it working again - and it has been reporting OK. It is unknown what exactly made it start working again.
            Let me know if I can provide any information that might help.
            Began Z-Wave beta's on 11/20/17
            Updated from 3.0.1.173 to 3.0.1.178 on 12/28/2017
            Click image for larger version

Name:	humidor.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1194758

Name:	humidor2.PNG
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1194759
            Current Date/Time: 1/10/2018 6:34:06 AM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.399
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 2 Days 21 Hours 8 Minutes 44 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.70.127
            Number of Devices: 427
            Number of Events: 120
            Available Threads: 400
            HSTouch Enabled: True
            Event Threads: 3
            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
            Device Exec Queue: 0
            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
            Email Send Queue: 0
            Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.49.0: BLBackup
            1.0.63.0: BLLED
            2.0.66.0: BLSpeech
            3.0.0.29: iTunesDAAP
            3.0.6331.36036: UltraCID3
            3.0.6561.37908: UltraLog3
            3.0.6551.16372: UltraM1G3
            3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
            3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
            3.0.6358.20184: UltraRussoundAudio3
            3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
            3.0.1.184: Z-Wave

Comment

Same issue for me. Two ST814's stopped reporting after updating from .130 to .173. They are otherwise alive and respond when manually awakened, but temp and humidity do not update.

Comment

Originally posted by d2bysma View Post
                Same issue for me. Two ST814's stopped reporting after updating from .130 to .173. They are otherwise alive and respond when manually awakened, but temp and humidity do not update.
                See my above post where I had the problem, but no longer have the problem.
                Try re-scan the device for a start?

Comment

Thanks for a quick reply. I have tried rescanning both. There are no errors in the log and everythings looks ok. And the values get updated - once - during the rescan. Then they remain static.

I have also tested connectivity using Z-Seer+, where both sending and recieving works well. And I have also tried optimizing the nodes.

Comment

Thanks for a quick reply. I have tried rescanning both. There are no errors in the log and everythings looks ok. And the values get updated - once - during the rescan. Then they remain static.

I have also tested connectivity using Z-Seer+, where both sending and recieving works well. And I have also tried optimizing the nodes.
                    I wish I knew exactly what occurred that got mine going again. I remember playing with the values that control the polling. See my graphic - looks like I had set them to 20 minutes.

Comment

Have been pulling my hair most of the day on this issue. I see that we have different firmwares for the sensor, but they worked before. I have been testing with different poll intervals and setting paramteres 6, 7, 8 for auto reporting, etc.

And worth noting also that this is the European version.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. This sensor was purchased to replace a failed one that was much older. Battery leaked and made a mess of things. Anyhow, it is the firmware that came with it.
                        Of interest is that my "battery polling" in the graphic I posted still has not changed - it still reads:
                        Polling: Current Interval: 10m, 0s
                        At 12:00 AM, Change to 12h, 0m, 0s

Yet I can see it really is not polling it every 10 minutes. Something for sure is amiss here.

Comment

Of interest - I changed the number for battery Poll & it picked it up this time.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1194949

Comment

Have been pulling my hair most of the day on this issue. I see that we have different firmwares for the sensor, but they worked before. I have been testing with different poll intervals and setting paramteres 6, 7, 8 for auto reporting, etc.

And worth noting also that this is the European version.
                            So - when you make changes are you doing it by manually waking the device & forcing the setting.
                            The change I just made, I allowed it to be queued and as luck would have it, it took. When it was not working correctly, I was doing all variety of handling to include taking the batteries in and out, etc.

Comment

Unless Everspring have made a dramatic change to their zwave stuff I would avoid them, There is an another post about how to replace certain components (Capacitors) to get them to work. I bought 7 of there devices, they all failed and are now replaced except for the two I modified.
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                              X