Everspring ST814 and Z-Wave Beta 3.0.1.184

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monk View Post
    So - when you make changes are you doing it by manually waking the device & forcing the setting.
    The change I just made, I allowed it to be queued and as luck would have it, it took. When it was not working correctly, I was doing all variety of handling to include taking the batteries in and out, etc.
    Yes, I was waking it up manually and making the changes. I will test queuing the changes. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      Unless Everspring have made a dramatic change to their zwave stuff I would avoid them, There is an another post about how to replace certain components (Capacitors) to get them to work. I bought 7 of there devices, they all failed and are now replaced except for the two I modified.
      Thanks - will check that thread - fortunately, I have only the one for a humidor.

Comment

Originally posted by d2bysma View Post
        Yes, I was waking it up manually and making the changes. I will test queuing the changes. Thanks!
        Can't hurt
        Does anyone know of a similar humidity /temperature only device? This one has been good, but not without problems.

Comment

I wish I knew exactly what occurred that got mine going again. I remember playing with the values that control the polling. See my graphic - looks like I had set them to 20 minutes.
          The thing is you shouldn't need to poll for the temperature and humidity because the devices broadcasts these values at the intervals set for autoreporting and trigger intervals. Mine has worked for years without any polling, then a few weeks ago it stopped. I didn't change the device so I'm pretty sure it was a Z-Wave update that changed the behaviour as per the post at the top of the thread.

I will give polling a try to see if it kicks it back to life based on your findings.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
            Unless Everspring have made a dramatic change to their zwave stuff I would avoid them, There is an another post about how to replace certain components (Capacitors) to get them to work. I bought 7 of there devices, they all failed and are now replaced except for the two I modified.
            Whilst I wouldn't particularly recommend the Everspring devices I think the problems were mainly with their various wall plug devices, I certainly had a couple that failed. The ones we are talking about here are battery powered. I have the temperature/humidity sensor a flood sensor and a siren. They are bit old fashioned but have worked for years and the batteries last for ever! Never had a problem up until the one reported in this thread.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
              Whilst I wouldn't particularly recommend the Everspring devices I think the problems were mainly with their various wall plug devices, I certainly had a couple that failed. The ones we are talking about here are battery powered. I have the temperature/humidity sensor a flood sensor and a siren. They are bit old fashioned but have worked for years and the batteries last for ever! Never had a problem up until the one reported in this thread.

Steve
              Steve you are correct, i was reffering to mains wall plug-in modules.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The thing is you shouldn't need to poll for the temperature and humidity because the devices broadcasts these values at the intervals set for autoreporting and trigger intervals. Mine has worked for years without any polling, then a few weeks ago it stopped. I didn't change the device so I'm pretty sure it was a Z-Wave update that changed the behaviour as per the post at the top of the thread.

I will give polling a try to see if it kicks it back to life based on your findings.

Steve
                Steve - check my graphic. Polling is turned off. Was referring to the values that control when it reports in. (Also called polling)

Comment

Steve - check my graphic. Polling is turned off. Was referring to the values that control when it reports in. (Also called polling)
                  Unless I'm mistaken, in your graphic to message #6 you have polling for the root device disabled but polling for the Humidity and Temp child devices set to 20 minutes and a bit?

The time interval for the ST814 to automatically report temp and humidity is set by parameters in the Settings on the Root Device.

Steve

Comment

Steve
                    I agree with Steve, polling should not be necessary, I have several of these, all set to auto report at set intervals and at trigger intervals; they have worked seamlessly for several years up until trying the Z Wave betas.

I have given polling a try and (as suspected) there is still no reporting at all.

To be fair to Everspring whilst their plug in units were not up to it, their ST-814 units (I have 8) have all worked perfectly for several years.

Peter

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, in your graphic to message #6 you have polling for the root device disabled but polling for the Humidity and Temp child devices set to 20 minutes and a bit?

The time interval for the ST814 to automatically report temp and humidity is set by parameters in the Settings on the Root Device.

Steve
                      Thanks Steve - The values you see ARE the internally set times. At least I think they are? I set those values by fooling with the settable parameters I thought. Checking...

Comment

I stand corrected - but do not remember setting the Humidity and temp poll times myself.

Comment

So here is what is occurring. It appears that the device wakes up - HS sees it happening, then it sends the requests / receives data.

Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 48(Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root).
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Device (Node 48) woke up and Poll Device for Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Temp was successfully sent.
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave Wake-Up Util Proc for (Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root) handling: Poll Device
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Device (Node 48) woke up and Poll Device for Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Humidity was successfully sent.
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave Wake-Up Util Proc for (Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root) handling: Poll Device
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 48 (Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root)
                          Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 48

I don't have any old logs to see how this happened with my old ST 814, but it seems like the device need only wake up. for HS to interact.
                          I see others are stating it wakes up but nothing happens. If I get time this weekend I will check what I ended up setting the internal parameters to.

Comment

Just a quick me too here, worked flawlessly then stopped reporting.

Comment

I stand corrected - but do not remember setting the Humidity and temp poll times myself.
                              Earlier versions of the ZWave plugin used to set automatic polling of child devices at 20 minutes plus random number of seconds whether needed or not. I would suspect that is how yours were set. Many of us complained about that and the ZWave pi no longer does it.

Steve

Comment

So here is what is occurring. It appears that the device wakes up - HS sees it happening, then it sends the requests / receives data.

Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 48(Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root).
                                Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Device (Node 48) woke up and Poll Device for Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Temp was successfully sent.
                                Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Device (Node 48) woke up and Poll Device for Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Humidity was successfully sent.
                                Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 48 (Z-Wave _HVAC Humidor Root)
                                Jan-23 4:33:35 AM Z-Wave SStick: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 48

I don't have any old logs to see how this happened with my old ST 814, but it seems like the device need only wake up. for HS to interact.
                                I see others are stating it wakes up but nothing happens. If I get time this weekend I will check what I ended up setting the internal parameters to.
                                That is showing that you have automatic polling set on the child devices. HS queues the polls until the device notifies it has woken up and then quickly sends them before it goes back to sleep. However, the ST814 is capable of sending the temperature and humidity readings at pre defined intervals without polling. This is much more efficient than polling which can have a large impact on network performance and has been the cause of many users delays. I and many others have had the ST814s working for years, without polling, until a recent ZWave pi update broke something.

Battery levels of the ST814 required polling but you could set the wakeup period to 12 or 24 hours for that. I think it does send a battery low warning without polling but not levels.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X