Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 hour ahead time zone solution

Guys,

I figure out how to solve this problem. First, go to your clock, bottom right and click "date and time propeties" then go to "time zone" and uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" make sure hit "Apply" and "OK" out. Then when you run the configure file for your tv_grab_na_dd, please choose the day light saving time of your time zone. In my case, I'm in CA I can choose either Pacific or Mountain/Pacific day-night time, I then choose "Mountain/Pacific day-night time" as my time zone. Once you do that in your configure file just follow Jeff's procedure then you should able to correct this problem. The bottom line is as soon as you uncheck the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" then you are free to choose whatever you want and when running the config file it will run the one you choose in the tv_grab_na_dd. After all this, please make sure set your clock 1 hour behind to your current time since when you uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" it will move your clock 1 hour ahead before and you need to correct your current time.

Thanks,
    hlkc

hlkc,

Thanks a million! That fixed my problem!!

Roy

Comment

Anytime. Just a reminder that we might need to re-run this when the day night saving time change this Fall.

Thanks,
      hlkc

Comment

Hmmm, unless I misread your post, the only thing that unchecking "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" did for me was to adjust the system clock on the computer one hour behind. Of course, the HSTV listings are correct then, because the computer is an hour behind.

Did you re-check the "Automatically adjust..." box after running --config?

Comment

A.J.,

Yes uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" then correct with your current time.

Thanks,
          hlkc

Comment

I'm still missing something here...

I have unchecked "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" in the Time Zone tab in Windows. Because that whacks my time by an hour, I had to adjust to a different time zone (Atlantic Time Zone - I live in Eastern Time Zone) in order to get the correct time in Windows.

I assume that's what you mean by "correct with your currrent time."

My listings are still off by an hour.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind. The listings that have already been imported will not show a difference.
              I would suggest deleting the xml files, do a download, then check the xml file for a program that you know when it airs. If the time is wrong in the xml file, it will be wrong in HSTV. If the time is correct in the xml file, delete all the data from the tvListings table and then run the import function.
              This will clear the incorrect listings.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ihave tried everything above. All different offsets,and changing of my pc clock. Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions??

Comment

Same results as clkmn

Comment

Are the xml files correct? Don't check the grid or the db.

When you adjust your time setting, delete the xml files. Then do the download and check the xml file. Once you have the xml files correct, then we can clear the database and get it corrected.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

if you look at the xlmtv documentation you'll see there is a windows environment value you can set to control the timezone it uses.
                      in windows/XP you'd go to system properties -> environment variables and add TZ as a system variable. for eastern time zone the value should be EST5EDT. I haven't had a problem since.

Comment

I want to say thanks CFGuy.
                        Deleted the xml files,set clock back on pc, redownloaded events in HS, and then put pc clock back. Working fine .

Comment

Not working.

I tried adjusting the clock to omit daylight savings time... Deleted files... Ran config... Ran Imports... xml files showed location correctly as -0500... HSTV displayed correctly.... Updated system clock to reflect daylight savings time.... Updated ran overnight... Now xml importer shows -0400 and HSTV is back to being one hour off. Help....

Comment

From what I have read on xmltv mail list. The auto adjust for daylight savings time must be left turned off. and only manual changes made to windows time.

Tom
                            Digi-house

Comment

OK. That works. Just have to remember to manually set clock forward/back with the seasonal time changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X