www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old January 18th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Insteon Overlord

New Insteon Motion Sensor II...beta support available in the Updater

All,
I have not added support for these as smarthome hasn't provided developer notes yet. I will update this thread once I receive the notes and add support.

Update: Jump to Post #14 to see the latest

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Last edited by mnsandler; April 8th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:39 AM
Seer Plus

Mine shipped out today
Quick Start Guide and Owner's Manual are out so maybe developer notes as well.

Thanks for all the awesome work.

Thanks,
Steven Giles
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:56 AM
Insteon Overlord

I'll post an update here when I receive the dev notes and start adding support to the plugin.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:40 AM
Seer Master

I've been hitting up everyone I can find to get these docs. Need them for a product that I am have in development. The best I've been able to find out is that Universal Devices Inc. (ISY) was just given the 2844-222 dev docs so that they can start work on adding the device.

Tony
Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Old March 22nd, 2017, 07:43 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
I've been hitting up everyone I can find to get these docs. Need them for a product that I am have in development. The best I've been able to find out is that Universal Devices Inc. (ISY) was just given the 2844-222 dev docs so that they can start work on adding the device.

Tony
well that's good news. maybe it will show up in my inbox soon.
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Seer

Hey Mark, any news on this yet? I also just received a shipment of these things, just curious if you've been able to test them yet or if you have a beta. Thanks as always!
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

enable heartbeat

Sorry I looked and didnt find it, how do I enable the heartbeat?
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:43 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mworsnop View Post
Sorry I looked and didnt find it, how do I enable the heartbeat?
it should be enabled by default. you can adjust the frequency via the plugin on the device edit page.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

On HS the graphic says heartbeat is OFF. I changed the frequency to the lowest setting of 23 minutes and waited 60 minutes and still no update
Old June 2nd, 2018, 03:43 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mworsnop View Post
On HS the graphic says heartbeat is OFF. I changed the frequency to the lowest setting of 23 minutes and waited 60 minutes and still no update
the hs device will change from on to off when heartbeat msg is received. this is not an indication of whether the feature is on or off but rather and indication of the last time a heartbeat was received.

i will assume the plugin is receiving Motion On/Off msgs from the device unless you say otherwise.

so if the plugin isn't seeing the heartbeat msg, then i would suggest using the 'reprogram device for homeseer' to make sure the links and settings are correct. the MS will not send a heartbeat without the correct link. put the ms into linking mode first.

you should also use the display interface database to see if there is a heartbeat link there as well.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 06:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

Not to butt in on this thread, but I just got two of them, and I can't even get the darn things to tap-add.

I read through most of this thread, I backed up my insteon.ini and my HS config. Then I downloaded the latest Beta from the Beta section of the updater (3.0.6.36). I put the MSII into linking mode, and then selected TAP ADD NEW DEVICE in the plug-in Device page. It sat there and stared at me. I tried it several times, moving the MSII around, with battery and then with USB. No dice. What am I missing?
Old June 2nd, 2018, 11:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
the hs device will change from on to off when heartbeat msg is received. this is not an indication of whether the feature is on or off but rather and indication of the last time a heartbeat was received.

i will assume the plugin is receiving Motion On/Off msgs from the device unless you say otherwise.

so if the plugin isn't seeing the heartbeat msg, then i would suggest using the 'reprogram device for homeseer' to make sure the links and settings are correct. the MS will not send a heartbeat without the correct link. put the ms into linking mode first.

you should also use the display interface database to see if there is a heartbeat link there as well.

Its now working well thanks for all the ideas. I really wanted the light sensor so to know if the light needs to be turned on or not. I guess there is no way to have the device send it when it changes?
Old June 6th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Seer

I am getting all kinds of false positives with the occupancy sensor. I have it mounted outside (replacing the MS I that failed) and there has been nothing to trigger it other than maybe light changing. Or maybe the wind blowing and causing the unit to bounce around on that floppy *** mount. Is there any way to adjust the occupancy sensor sensitivity?
Old June 6th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguydirk View Post
I am getting all kinds of false positives with the occupancy sensor. I have it mounted outside (replacing the MS I that failed) and there has been nothing to trigger it other than maybe light changing. Or maybe the wind blowing and causing the unit to bounce around on that floppy *** mount. Is there any way to adjust the occupancy sensor sensitivity?
there are no sensitivity settings. i have one on my front porch and i had to mount it sideways pointing down because it was picking up cars driving by when i had it mounted vertically/upright. i don't use the included mount. i just mounted it with velcro/double sided tape to the porch ceiling.
Old June 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Insteon Overlord

Just posted 3.0.6.38 to the beta section of the updater. I removed the non-functioning sensitivity setting and add three: Dark threshold, Light Threshold, and a Transition Interval delay
Old June 9th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
Just posted 3.0.6.38 to the beta section of the updater. I removed the non-functioning sensitivity setting and add three: Dark threshold, Light Threshold, and a Transition Interval delay
Just installed .38.

I have been seeing strange behaviour from the MS II's for the dusk/dawn channel. One of the 2 I have seems to only report at dawn:
Jun-08 19:42:01 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 34
Jun-08 18:40:45 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 84
Jun-06 19:07:31 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 14
Jun-06 18:38:14 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 87
Jun-05 19:00:27 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 38
Jun-05 18:48:09 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 101
Jun-04 19:43:24 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 11

This one is in the kitchen, so eventually we turn the lights on when it's dark. I would expect the MS to send an entry when it senses darkness, at sunset and when we turn off the lights, and other entries when we turn on the lights. Not so according the the log. The new settings (Night/day threshold, Transition Interval) might help make this more precise. I'll keep monitoring before defining new events.

Mark - is it a correct assumption that Night/day threshold = 0 leaves the dusk/dawn at default? And by the way, what are the default thresholds for dusk/dawn?
Attached Images

Old June 9th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Insteon Overlord

i try to indicate the default value in the drop down list with an *

in this case
night is 64
day is 80

0 is not a default; it just means the current value hasn't been read from the MS.

if the MS is on a battery, hit the set button and try to read the links and settings

if on usb power, just read the links and settings