New rain gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rain gauge

So my second Oregon Scientific rain gauge bites the dust. And I can't seem to get hold of them anymore.

However, RFXtrx433 supports LaCrosse now. I have no clue about LaCrosse rain gauges, but perhaps others have! All I know is that my fathers rain gauge (LaCrosse) had much better resolution (0,2 mm) than mine (1,0 mm).

Any recommendations?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

The LaCrosse is not (yet) implemented in the plug-in.

The LaCrosse rain sensor does not transmit a rain rate value.
    It does also not have a total rain counter in the rain sensor but is transmits a flip counter.
    If the flip counter is not received (which happens sometimes) the total count is not accurate anymore.

To increase the resolution of the Oregon sensor you can use a funnel to increase the input area by 10 for example.
    Spray the internal electronic parts with plastic spray against moisture damage.
    If you have opened the rain sensor for this it is a good time to replace the internal antenna with an external one to increase the transmit range. For example this version, remove the SMA and solder the inner wire to the point where the rain sensor coil antenna was connected. The screen of the cable can be soldered to a ground point near the antenna connection.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      The LaCrosse is not (yet) implemented in the plug-in.

The LaCrosse rain sensor does not transmit a rain rate value.
      It does also not have a total rain counter in the rain sensor but is transmits a flip counter.
      If the flip counter is not received (which happens sometimes) the total count is not accurate anymore.
      Ah! Did not know that.

The count might be off, but it's better than what I have now which is nothing.

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      To increase the resolution of the Oregon sensor you can use a funnel to increase the input area by 10 for example.
      Spray the internal electronic parts with plastic spray against moisture damage.
      If you have opened the rain sensor for this it is a good time to replace the internal antenna with an external one to increase the transmit range. For example this version, remove the SMA and solder the inner wire to the point where the rain sensor coil antenna was connected. The screen of the cable can be soldered to a ground point near the antenna connection.
      The unit I have now seems to be working 100%, no signals lost or anyting, but it does not register anything when the tip tips...

My first idea was just to replace it. But I can't seem to find it anywhere... ?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

They show to be in stock at the following site:

http://www.oregonscientificstore.com...-Stations.data

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
          They show to be in stock at the following site:

http://www.oregonscientificstore.com...-Stations.data
          Do you happen to know if they offer international shipping?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice your location. The site above only ships to USA and Canada. The closest one for you I found online was in the UK.

Comment

Is there a way to integrate this to HS using the ACRF-2 plugin or do I need the RFXCOM plugin. If the later, is there any issue on using both when the ACRF-2 owns the device? I have temp sensors attached to ACRF-2.

Rob
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I suppose the Oregon rain sensor is supported by the ACRF2
                It is not possible to share one receiver by two plug-ins. It is possible to have the ACRF2 connected to an RFXCOM receiver and the RFXCOM plug-in to another RFXCOM receiver.

Comment

Working...
                X