No announcement yet.

install interface problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug ins are: BLNetCallerID, BLRF, BLSpeech, Ecobee, Random, UltraM1G, Zwave
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

The HS3 updater may be removing them from the root folder, which is as expected.

Plugin authors should put the files in their own bin folder, for example:

bin/mcs/files_here

Then include a config file like this:

Code:
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      	<configuration>
      		<runtime>
      			<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      				<probing privatePath="bin/mcs"/>
      			</assemblyBinding>
      		</runtime>
      		<startup>
      			<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
      		</startup>
      	</configuration>
      The file needs to be named plugin_file.exe.config

It sounds like Mike is doing that, I post all the info here so he can see the details in case he is doing something differently.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

that could be it..., mike... back to you. for now, its still in my HS3 root and operating fine. it does happen every time we update hs3. so thats the clue.
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

The HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe.config file that is in the updater contains the following which looks to me to be equivalent to what Rich posted. It does include bin and HTML\bin as alternate paths which I suspect are not needed.
          Code:
            <runtime>
              <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <probing privatePath="bin\mcsSprinklers;bin;HTML\bin"/>
              </assemblyBinding>
            </runtime>
          <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup></configuration>
          The .zip file in the updater contains \bin\mcsSprinklers\MySQL.data.dll so it should be installed in the correct location when the updater is run for mcsSprinklers.

Did you try putting the file I posted in the \bin\mcsSprinklers folder rather than in the root? If this does not work then perhaps editing the line in HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe.config to exclude the alternate paths.
          Code:
                <probing privatePath="bin\mcsSprinklers"/>

Comment

when i put it in bin it didnt work. only in root.
            so erase that line
            <probing privatePath="bin\mcsSprinklers"/>

Comment

Did you try it in \bin\mcsSprinklers? That probing line in .exe.config should not be deleted. The only thing I suggested was to remove the other path elements other than \bin\mcsSprinklers. I suspect that when you move the .dll you should restart HS3.

Comment

thanks mike will do

Comment

not in \bin but in \bin\mcsSprinklers. HST puts their references in \bin. Plugins put them in a plugin-specific folder which in this case is \bin\mcsSprinklers

Comment

Working...
                  X