Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I know...the point was that they are doing these "thematic" purchase pages...there's also a "Home Theater" version, for example. (At least they restored the listing page. It was MIA for a day or 2.)

I don't entirely disagree with the idea, which is to show non-techies HOW to apply these crazy computerized switches...but it is basically targeting the NON-home automation market...meaning people who are NOT currently interested in Controller-based automation.

My concern is...does this represent a recognition on SH's part that Insteon won't live up to its intended HA utilization? Maybe the problems they are having with firmware/sdm have caused them to re-prioritize?

(I hope not, cause I just bought my HomeSeer license--was trialing--based on the progress of this plugin.)

Comment

Could I kindly ask that this discussion be continued outside of the "Insteon Plug-in Beta 2" thread? I understand that it is easy to get off thread point and have made that mistake plenty of times myself.

Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by jhimmel
        Could I kindly ask that this discussion be continued outside of the "Insteon Plug-in Beta 2" thread? I understand that it is easy to get off thread point and have made that mistake plenty of times myself.

Jim H.
        Yes. Sorry for the digression.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnyh
          I have 2.1.46 & 1.4 using IE 6
          I now have """<INPUT class=linkrowbutton onclick=loc type=button alt=Status value=Status p ??<>

Comment

Only Buttons

Is your Insteon configuration page blank excpt for the buttons?
            That is all I have, no way to configure or add the modules.

Comment

PHP Code:
              <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pagetitle colSpan=2>Insteon Plug-in Configuration </TD></TR><TR><TD class=logobar align=left> [img]http://localhost/images/HomeSeer/clock.gif[/img]  5/13/2006 9:16:30 AM  [img]http://localhost/images/HomeSeer/sunrise.gif[/img] [b]Sunrise:[/b] 5:35 AM  [img]http://localhost/images/HomeSeer/sunset.gif[/img] [b]Sunset:[/b] 8:37 PM  [b]User:[/b] default </TD><TD class=logobar align=right>[url="http://www.homeseer.com/"][img]http://localhost/images/HomeSeer/logo.gif[/img][/url]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
              <input type="button" class="linkrowbutton" value="Status" alt="Status" onClick="loc 
              Except its the html text, not the button. The text generates the button in this post. Arrrgh!
              Last edited by Rupp; May 17, 2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

But the button is not there, just the beginning of the HTML text. The button is ion the post, but not in HS. Aaaargh!

Comment

I think that is why the Config page doesn't work. The HTML code is corrupting.

Comment

A bit off topic...but I wanted to let you know I informed SH of my dissatisfaction with their level of support. I didn't mention Oman by name, but I let them know I've invested significantly in their technology - specifically to work via HomeSeer, and planned to do so in the future. I didn't appreciate hearing that support was waning.

Let's hope things improve.

Comment

I have also invested quite a bit in their technology and have replaced quite a few X10 with Insteon counterparts. I hpoe things improve.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by mkronmal
                        But the button is not there, just the beginning of the HTML text. The button is ion the post, but not in HS. Aaaargh!
                        That's the same issue I'm having. Same results in Firefox, MS 6 and MS 7. Still don't know what to do other than to use mControl...

Comment

Originally posted by Jombi122
                          That's the same issue I'm having. Same results in Firefox, MS 6 and MS 7. Still don't know what to do other than to use mControl...

It has been determined that a common cause of this is Norton Internet Security (and some other similar products). If running Norton, disable it and the configuration page will work. Once configured you can reenable Norton and all will work fine.

Cheers

Comment

Where can I get the Insteon Beta 2? I do not see it in the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by markf
                              Where can I get the Insteon Beta 2? I do not see it in the updater.
                              It's there and is listed as 0.0.1.4
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Corrupted Configuration File

Hi,

I Have 27 Insteon Devices "registered" in Homeseer v 2.1.46 w/202. I "tap" added the last 2 devices and they registered, but I received errors saying that the configuration file was corrupted. It seems that 4 of my Insteon KeyPads have been corrupted in the config file.

Can this be corrected without deleting them? I have extensive HS "events" refernceing these keypads.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X