This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PLM Insteon Plugin now supports the GarageHawk

The GarageHawk is an alternate garage door monitoring system to the SmartHome IO Linc.

The GarageHawk uses two modules: one module connected to the garage door opener and one remote module that is installed anywhere in the house. The remote module allows you to see the status of the door and press a btn to close the door. The device is very easy to setup and use.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

With homeseer as the controller it looks like you'd only need the GarageHawk Garage Module and not the entire started kit right? Looks like the "remote" is just a custom Insteon controller?
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      With homeseer as the controller it looks like you'd only need the GarageHawk Garage Module and not the entire started kit right? Looks like the "remote" is just a custom Insteon controller?
      a few comments

1. the two units are designed to work together; they talk to each other; not sure how the garage module would work by itself.

2. the vendor suggested hs control the "Remote" not the Garage Module so that is how the current plugin is configured. thus you would need both.

3. currently neither module sends out a status msg when the door changes. so the Remote is currently polled to keep the hs device up to date. I understand from the vendor they are updating the firmware of the Remote to send out a status broadcast/group msg when the door changes, so controllers like HS can be notified immediately.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X