This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTEON USB Interface (Dual-Band) 2413U not sending X10 direct dim commands

INSTEON USB Interface (Dual-Band) 2413U not sending X10 direct dim commands to SwitchLincs and ToggleLincs. SmartHome says it should work, and told me to ask here to see if there is something in the way the modem is configured. It's working with Insteon devices, and can control the SmartHome switches, but only on/off commands. This modem is supposed to control X10 devices too and I really want to retire my CM11a. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Isk82; June 21, 2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: added response from SmartHome and clarified a few things

What plugin & ver are you using? And did you enable the x10 interface on the hs setup/interface page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the included Insteon 1.4.2.0 interface plugin. I do have the X10 enabled, and then there is an "other" column which I also have enabled. In both cases the config tab opens the Insteon page, which I thought was odd. Is there is nothing to configure on the X10?

HS sees the interface on com port 8, and sends Insteon and X10. It just doesn't send direct dims/.brights to my SmartHome switches. They only respond to on/off commands.

Comment

Did you set the smartlinc option on the Devicetype associated with the x10 devices on the hs status page? The plugin does do any configuration for x10. It's all done via hs pages
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This is what it looks like. I think it's right. Keep in mind it sends the direct dim commands no problem with the CM11a. Same devices. Same events. They just don't work when using the Insteon Modem for X10. I tried the Insteon Plug-In, Insteon PLC-SDM 2414 Plug-in because it was listed as "newer" but it didn't work at all.

Device Type
          SwitchLinc

Checked are:
          Supports Status Requests
          Uses SmartLinc Protocol
          Uses Preset-Dim Dimming

This is what one of the devices looks like:
          Reference ID 2064
          Status 3 = OFF
          Value 0
          String
          Supports Status True
          Dimmable True
          Misc Settings X-10 Preset Dim, SmartLinc

Comment

Can you post a detailed log of an attempt of the plugin sending a direct dim cmd
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It doesn't really error in the log. It just doesn't happen at the switch. Right now I have it X10-ing with the CM11a for the night. I'll try it tomorrow with the Insteon Modem. is there a higher level of logging I should turn on?

Comment

I talked to SmartHome, and they said the 2413U can and should send all X10, and if it didn't it had to be the software. I loaded the 1.5.3.0 version of this Plug-in, and sure enough it works. I send 50% to a SwitchLinc switch and it goes right to 50% just like it does with a CM11a. I'm on the 30 trial right now. I think it's interesting though that when I go to the updater, it sees the Plug-in for the PLM 2412 and the PLC-SDM 2414 as newer.

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
                  I talked to SmartHome, and they said the 2413U can and should send all X10, and if it didn't it had to be the software. I loaded the 1.5.3.0 version of this Plug-in, and sure enough it works. I send 50% to a SwitchLinc switch and it goes right to 50% just like it does with a CM11a. I'm on the 30 trial right now. I think it's interesting though that when I go to the updater, it sees the Plug-in for the PLM 2412 and the PLC-SDM 2414 as newer.
                  i forgot that i fixed this issue, just couldn't remember what version i did this in. It was probably listed in the Version History thread. The updater indicates "Newer" if you are running a newer version locally than that is avail in the updater which is the case for the two plugins you were looking at. the one you are running now is 1.5.3 (i think) unless you grabbed the latest in the forum.

glad to hear everything is working. Let me know if you have any other x10 issues.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X