Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Insteon Communications Percentages? Check your thermostat adapters.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Insteon Communications Percentages? Check your thermostat adapters.

If you are having lousy communications percentages with your Insteon network, it may be caused by version 2.1 of the Insteon Thermostat Adapter. Some of these adapters start to flip out, sending messages constantly and "poisoning" the insteon communications. You can check for this by doing communications tests with and without the adapter plugged in. Rebooting the adapter (by unplugging it and plugging it back into the thermosat) does stop the problem, until it randomly occurs again. Smarthome was very helpful in replacing all my 2.1 adapters (2441V) with their latest version which is 2.2. This latest version fixes the poisoning problem.
    Hopefully the hardware is now as good as the software in Mark Sandler's PLM plug in and Tom Christian's Sage Insteon thermostat plug in.

Thanks for the heads-up.

My network reliability has been spotty at best since adding the thermostat several months ago. And actually controlling the thermostat was really bad. After seeing you message, I completely removed the thermostat adaprt, and things got much better immediately. I guess I need to call Smarthome...

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X