Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed that post, sorry. It looks like the SDM is repeating bytes when getting the link record. SmartHome has told me they will have a fix for that hopefully today. That would be good. I'll have to add a bulk-download option for the records I think.

You don't have to download the link tables. Control will work without them. The tables allow the plug-in to update the device values when they are controlled outside of HomeSeer. Badly corrupted tables in the plug-in can cause exceptions to fire but they won't keep the plug-in from operating.

Jon

Originally posted by JB NY
    It looks like I fixed it. (I hope)

I went through the INI file and found the last device that was in the status page (the 10th device listed in the ini file), every other record from that point on was not showing up. So I deleted every device including the 10th device (from the config page) and now adding the devices back seems to be working. Most are still not able to have their link table read, but at least they are showing up and can be controlled.

(BTW my ini file is posted a few posts above.)

Jon, just want to say thanks for all your hard work on this plug-in.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I'm all set. All my devices have now been added (device type and FW version too) and seem to be working properly right now.

Comment

Jon,

I am trying to download the links for each of my switches. When I scan and reprogram them, I get a message stating that a link was found but that A) it is unregistered and B) I receive a warning saying that the linked device was not in the system yet. The switch is question is linked to the switch across the room and the same can be said for the other swtich. They are both linked with my ControlLinc. However, the device ID that is being reported does not exist anywhere.

Any ideas?

Link# 1 - Master of 01.00.0A(Unregistered) group/button # 226

Warining: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Yep, the SDM's link downloader is pretty error-prone right now. On some systems there are more bad links than good ones coming down. They have promised an update to correct the problem today or tomorrow. I'll post the new SDM as soon as I get it.

Jon

Originally posted by jlegan
          Jon,

I am trying to download the links for each of my switches. When I scan and reprogram them, I get a message stating that a link was found but that A) it is unregistered and B) I receive a warning saying that the linked device was not in the system yet. The switch is question is linked to the switch across the room and the same can be said for the other swtich. They are both linked with my ControlLinc. However, the device ID that is being reported does not exist anywhere.

Any ideas?

Link# 1 - Master of 01.00.0A(Unregistered) group/button # 226

Warining: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device.

Thanks,

Jim
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

(I split off the database thread so it will be easier to collect the data)

Jon
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon,

Just to confirm, "On for at least xx" events should be working?

The following event is not firing on my end.

First Floor Bathroom Timer Condition
              Device: First Floor Bathroom Light has been ON for at least 10 minutes
              Everyday

Device Command: First Floor Bathroom Light Off

Comment

They should be. Several people having good luck with them.

Jon

Originally posted by jlegan
                Jon,

Just to confirm, "On for at least xx" events should be working?

The following event is not firing on my end.

First Floor Bathroom Timer Condition
                Device: First Floor Bathroom Light has been ON for at least 10 minutes
                Everyday

Device Command: First Floor Bathroom Light Off
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                  They should be. Several people having good luck with them.

Jon
                  Jon,

Any way to debug this? They are not firing on my end for two different Events.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Man, Jon, I walk away from the HS site for a day to dig into the SDK info and you are already up to beta .10.

I spent all day on that site getting up to speed and having fun peeking and poking my switches. I have all new respect for what you are going through. Especially with the new local response stuff.

Thanks again for all your hard work and quick response (that SDM just came out, what? yesterday?...).

Comment

Something for folks to be aware of... If you install .10 and have the "wrong" PLC firmware (as I do), you will be dead in the water. There is now a firmware test in the code and I could not communicate with my devices after installing .10. There is an initialization failure error message in the logs letting you know and telling you to send your PLC back to SmartHome (I'm waiting for one to be delivered now).

Oddly, after reinstalling .09 I was able to install some devices I could not install before.

Peter

Comment

The test for the 1.9 firmware had been there all the time but now I am testing for the 2.11 as well. That firmware just isn't right and will cause all sorts of problems. There should not be too many of them out there.

Jon

Originally posted by plfinch
                        Something for folks to be aware of... If you install .10 and have the "wrong" PLC firmware (as I do), you will be dead in the water. There is now a firmware test in the code and I could not communicate with my devices after installing .10. There is an initialization failure error message in the logs letting you know and telling you to send your PLC back to SmartHome (I'm waiting for one to be delivered now).

Oddly, after reinstalling .09 I was able to install some devices I could not install before.

Peter
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                          That firmware just isn't right and will cause all sorts of problems.
                          Lucky me!

Comment

All polling died on me ths aftenoon. Attached is the error log.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jon,

I've successfully upgrade from the prior SDM & .04 plugin to the new SDM and .10 plugin. I just haven't had the time to perform the updates lately although I've been reading the forum and watching.

As you mentioned I the device codes changed resulting in my events all losing any Insteon devices. I'll probably be fixing them as I learn what doesn't work as expected again.

I'll watch for any problem with this evenings event schedule but at the moment everything is fine.

Jeff

Comment

Jon,

It seems that after a while, if I force a poll, the SDM dies on me everytime. Attached is another error log. BTW I also tried it with the new 155 SDM from insteon.net same thing. Rarely did the SDM die on me in builds prior to 09.

HTH
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X