Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't. Links between buttons on the same keypadlinc unfortunately don't actually use the normal linking process (though it sure would have saved a ton of time and effort if they did). They have a completely different system of tracking those internal relationships.

I tried setting up the same thing here and it seems to work. If you send me your INI file I can look at the internal keypadlinc settings on your unit and see what is what. Actually if you would restart homeseer, then press the ON button on the keypadlinc in question, then the A button, then generate a report and send it that would have everything I need to get this one fixed.

Thanks
    Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
    By the way, that particular link does not show up in the devices link list -
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Here it is -
      Attached Files

Comment

The plugin is not picking up all of my keypadlinc links.

Ex. - keypadlinc button 'B' is controlled BY "Kitchen Main Light Switch", and "Kitchen Main Light Slave", but ONLY "Kitchen Main Light Switch" is shown in the link list.

There are many such omissions in my keypadlinc lists.

Jim H.

Comment

Still working on it...
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Okay..

Jim H.

Comment

Which keypadlinc seems to be missing the links, the Stairs light or the Living room?

Jon

Okay..

Jim H.
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Hi, I've downloaded the latest SDM and the latest version of the beta from the updater. I am getting the following when I click on the Insteon Config button:

iInsteon Plug-in Configuration - BETA VERSION<hr noshade="noshade">

<input name="ref_page" value="insteon_config" type="hidden"><input name="pageindex" value="0" type="hidden">Main Insteon Configuration Page

Logging Level

That's it nothing more expect the drop down box that has "No Log Entries" in it.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                  Which keypadlinc seems to be missing the links, the Stairs light or the Living room?

Jon
                  I did some more testing. I'll chaulk this one up to the SDM. The reason is, I don't always get the same results, and I JUST got an acurate link table download on my livingroom keypadlinc for the first time (after several tries) including correct ramp rates and on levels.

I'm a little nervous to do a reprogram using the newly downloaded and correct link info, for fear that it will not write everything successfully and I'll be redoing links again.

Jim H.

Comment

The link programming does not in any way use the downloaded link tables, however if you are not getting good downloads then it is unlikely that the programming will go well either. Have you tried moving your RFLincs around to see if you can improve the communcation? In most cases the SDM gets things wrong when a particular device is hard to communicate with.

Jon

I did some more testing. I'll chaulk this one up to the SDM. The reason is, I don't always get the same results, and I JUST got an acurate link table download on my livingroom keypadlinc for the first time (after several tries) including correct ramp rates and on levels.

I'm a little nervous to do a reprogram using the newly downloaded and correct link info, for fear that it will not write everything successfully and I'll be redoing links again.

Jim H.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Okay, but no matter what I do, I get these odd ramp and level results for these two links on this keypadlinc.
                      How would you like me to troubleshoot that issue?

Link# 43 - Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 19) Group #3 'House All Master Bedroom Ramp Slow' - On Level 39%, Ramp Rate 161%
                      Link# 45 - Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 22) Group #6 'House All Upstairs' - On Level 39%, Ramp Rate 274%
                      Attached Files

Comment

What's the Insteon ID or device index of this unit?

Jon

Okay, but no matter what I do, I get these odd ramp and level results for these two links on this keypadlinc.
                        How would you like me to troubleshoot that issue?

Link# 43 - Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 19) Group #3 'House All Master Bedroom Ramp Slow' - On Level 39%, Ramp Rate 161%
                        Link# 45 - Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 22) Group #6 'House All Upstairs' - On Level 39%, Ramp Rate 274%
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

32 - Stair Lights Keypadlinc

Comment

Yep, those are bad links. Some people have reported that the delete link functionality is working for them. You could try deleting them.

Jon

32 - Stair Lights Keypadlinc
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I have tried it several times. The delete function is not working for me.
                              I am eagerly awaiting the next SDM for that reason. I have a lot of link cleanup to do.
                              Any word on the delete link function from the Smarthome people? Rumor is that the Smarthome people have been awful quiet as of late.

Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                                Yep, those are bad links. Some people have reported that the delete link functionality is working for them. You could try deleting them.

Jon
                                I don't think I understand. Are you saying that the links are not written correctly in the switch? They perform correctly when executed.

Jim H.

Comment

Working...
                                X