Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were saying that they download the exact same way every time. If that is the case then they are bad in the switch. Since they are out of range the firmware might just clip the values to the nearest proper value, causing them to work well enough.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
    I don't think I understand. Are you saying that the links are not written correctly in the switch? They perform correctly when executed.

Jim H.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

It complained about the state of things to management, then all went dark for me. I assume that they don't like me any more. Oh-well, I'm thick skinned that way :>

Jon

I have tried it several times. The delete function is not working for me.
      I am eagerly awaiting the next SDM for that reason. I have a lot of link cleanup to do.
      Any word on the delete link function from the Smarthome people? Rumor is that the Smarthome people have been awful quiet as of late.

Jim H.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

What we can we do to help ?

Originally posted by Oman
        It complained about the state of things to management, then all went dark for me. I assume that they don't like me any more. Oh-well, I'm thick skinned that way :>

Jon
        Jon, This is extremely concerning! Your dedication and hard work on this plug-in has enabled SH to sell thousands of Insteon devices. I've purchased 60+ insteon devices myself, (although they are not all installed) as a result of the development of this critical plug-in. Without a robust, complete and feature rich SDM & plug-in, the insteon devices have little value in home automation.
        <O</O
        Is there anything that we can we do to help you get the support that you need? Call JD at SH?

Regards, Frank

Comment

Damnit Jon! You were our last best hope. :-)

Now we are all completely out of the loop....

Comment

Originally posted by Oman

Jon
            Actually, a few SDK owners/developer forum members are complaining of the same thing - little to no communication from the SH team lately.

Jim H.

Comment

Priorities, people...

I think they were busy putting together the outdoor security solution...seriously, have you seen how they changed the insteon store?

Comment

I had noticed the same thing before SH went dark for me. I also noticed some comments in some other forums about SH raising their Insteon prices. Low prices are nice for the end user except when those prices can't support the products... Maybe the problem is that they could not invest enough on the software side at the current prices. I don't know since no one will talk to me anymore ;>

Jon

Actually, a few SDK owners/developer forum members are complaining of the same thing - little to no communication from the SH team lately.

Jim H.
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Need help!

I have the 1.4 plugin and HS 2.1.60. The consifugration page only gives me "< span " and nothing else. I have deleted all files and reinstalled several times.

Thank you

Comment

Check the HomeSeer log for any errors when this happens. Also what browser are you using?

Jon

Originally posted by mkronmal
                    I have the 1.4 plugin and HS 2.1.60. The consifugration page only gives me "< span " and nothing else. I have deleted all files and reinstalled several times.

Thank you
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

There are no errors being generated in the log when this occurs. I'm running IE6 and all other webpages is HS are working normally.

Comment

A slap in our faces and one step up from the &quot;clapper&quot;

Originally posted by eufreka
                        I think they were busy putting together the outdoor security solution...seriously, have you seen how they changed the insteon store?

I saw Jon's quote about SH going dark on him, and agree with others that this is not good for serious HA enthusiasts (and purchasers!). In fact, it's a slap in the face to us! HS is one of the biggest players in HA, and while I did my share of complaining a few months back about 2.x, I do not appreciate a major equipment supplier being unresponsive to a major developer in our "community".

I have converted a majority of my home to Insteon, but have several Insteon switches still to install AND more to BUY. I've been waiting for the SDM to "mature" before I do that. While things are decent now, much more can be done. SH going dark on Jon isn't going to help us, and if SH has anyone monitoring this board, let me say: Really, really stupid move! Your equipment could easily take the market by storm if you would JUST SAY NO to boneheaded moves that affect your loyal customer base.

Now, as for the brilliant copy on the page Eufreka mentions, I have to wonder: Did someone's nephew over at SH need an early summer internship writing copy? Are things so bad they have to go after the "clapper" market instead of devoting their time to improvements for serious HA enthusiasts that have already spent a LOT of money on Insteon, but who could spend much more? Do we need to hold a bake sale?

Really, SH... If you're going to spend your resources trying to drum up onesy - twosy sales while sacrificing 20, 40, and 60-switch buyers, you need to rethink the business model.
                        Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

On a different note...

On loading the 1.4 stuff up from 0.1, I lost all the controls.

I noted that they were linked to different HS addresses. Is this what's supposed to happen? I use the updater to load 1.4 and I lose all devices?

I can rebuild them, but what I did instead was copy all the data from insteon_basic.ini to insteon.ini and it then recreated the devices.

Bummer is that it recreated them... meaning if I go with that config, all previously built links to those device IDs are bogus (including events and such).

Is this the way it's supposed to be? If not, what should I be doing differently?

If this IS the way it's supposed to be, am I better off deleting all devices from both .INI files AND from the .MDB and re-creating all 50 Insteon devices from scratch?

Comment

I think there were changes made in the ini file structure from the InsteonBasic and the latest. I believe there is a post explaning this here.
                            Thanks,

T.

Comment

Starter Kit

It appears to me that the "OUTDOOR KIT" is nothing more than the kit they were offering a little while ago for $129. I have yet figured what is "OUTDOOR" about it.. It has no motion detector.. And all the parts are for indoor use ... What gives ???

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867
                                It appears to me that the "OUTDOOR KIT" is nothing more than the kit they were offering a little while ago for $129. I have yet figured what is "OUTDOOR" about it.. It has no motion detector.. And all the parts are for indoor use ... What gives ???
                                It's not a new product. It's just a link to a page with the regular switchlinc starter kit with a different picture. They both refer to the same part number.

http://www.smarthome.com/2492.html 2492 Switchlink Starter Kit w indoor pic

http://www.smarthome.com/24921.html 2492 Switchlink Starter Kit w outdoor pic

Add them both to your shopping cart and they are the same line item with a quanity of 2.

No new product, just mirrors without smoke.

Comment

Working...
                                X