Help with Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Audio

I am trying to play the same music on 2 computers.

Computer 1: is in my garage. I have mapped to a drive on computer 2 that has all my mp3s. I can play the MP3s, no problem.

Computer 2: is in my house. it has the MP3s on it. I can play them no problem.

Computer 3: my laptop.

I RDP into computer 1 and play music in the garage only.
    I RDP into computer 2 and play music in the house only.

problem: I want to RDP into either computer and play the same music in the garage and house at the same time.

When I RDP I can set the audio as leave on computer OR forward to client. What I need is to leave on computer AND forward so it plays on both at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Ty

I don't know enough about remote desktop to help you with that (other than to say if you're using XP Home it'll only allow one client at a time).

Why not just push the MP3's with windows media then you could listen from any PC with WMP.

Comment

Ty:

What you want to do is set up one of the machines as a streaming server. You can then "tune in" with the other machines (and even the one running the server) and -- like a radio station -- you will hear the same music at exactly the same time.

You can use the Darwin Streaming Server from Apple or some other free alternative (I'm not too familiar with all that's out there).

If you don't do streaming, there's no way to synchronize all the machines together and what you want to do is, in all honesty, impossible.

Comment

Working...
      X