Invalid or Non-existant upbstart export file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid or Non-existant upbstart export file

Hi, I am new to UPB, and trying to install my first module.

After a number of hours attempting to troubleshoot my lack of connection to the CIM from Simply Automated, I realized I needed to use the PCS UPBstart program, as it is an older version and the one provided my SA is newer and does not work on the same computer where HS is installed.

Now that I can run UPBstart and have configured everything I get a message saying that the export file that I created is invalid.

Could someone please help this UPB NooB, and have a look at the attached error log file.

Thank you in advanced, Rene
    Attached Files

Has anyone had a corrupted or invalid pcstart homeseer.upe file?

I have tried everything that I can think of, but has not found a solution to the problem.

Could someone send me a copy of their homeseer.ape file to check for differences.

Thanks

Comment

Rene,

Download the current UPStart program from http://simply-automated.com/products/sa_upstart.htm and install that first.

Plug in your powerline interface to the computer you installed UPStart into, and run it. Program your devices, and on the "File" menu there is an "Export" option.

In the readme for the UPB plugin, there are instructions on what to call the file, and where to put it in the Homeseer directory structure.

If the computer is different that has UPStart installed from your Homeseer install, move the powerline interface to the homeseer computer and restart homeseer.
      Joel

Comment

Joel,

Thanks for the info, I believe that is exactly what I did, but after reading the Docs again today I decide to try the upstart program from PCS, which I believe is an older version and it is the version documented on the UPB plugin Doc.

Will let you know tonight, after I try it.

Rene

Comment

Working...
        X