Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the cat is out of the bag now :-). This works very well! Remember, the PLM is just another device on the powerline; so it is no worse than having another device. Since neither program is wiping out links in the other's PLM or devices, the 2 products coexist very well (well except in the 2441v's case). I have been doing this ever since HouseLinc came out and am able to compare and contrast the products. Each have their advantages/disadvantages. Overall, Homeseer has a lot more functionality, but HouseLinc supports devices better; and is much more robust in communications. For example, unplug a device and set it to an ON/OFF state in Homeseer, the state will change in Homeseer, however it will not in HouseLinc as it will verify that the device recieved the command before changing the state in the program. Houselinc is very aware of any device that is missing, broken, hard to communicate with..... Also, HouseLinc is very functional when it comes to reading/manipulating links; it even reports and on user request fixes boken/stale links. Eventually (when he gets his head above water) I will introduce to Mark the concept of half links that Homeseer is really bad at making, but for now that is not "breaking" anything.

Comment

Powerfail Recovery

Hi Tom,

I did some more debugging on my powerfail recovery problem where your script does not initialize. At first I thought you were not being called, but with some debug statements in Insteon_ExtDevSupport I found that your script IS being called but is not running very long or posting any messages to the log. After many iterations of attempted fixes I found that if I put a hs.WaitSecs(0) in Insteon_ExtDevSupport right before the RunEx() to your script, your script properly initializes on powerfail recovery. Clearly something you are calling isn't ready when it is called on powerfail recovery; but is almost ready and releasing the CPU just one more time seems to fix it. My request, can you make me a build with a bunch of WriteLog entries to see where you are blowing out of your scritp and maybe we can find the call that is failing and then get an appropriate fix; where ever that might be. Of course my concern with the writelog entries is that these calls may release the CPU and mask the bug, but at least it is worth a try. Or, you mught check for errors on some of the earlier calls, and write them to the log. You must be failling into a catch somewhere and exiting silently.

Comment

Comment

Can you send the log file entries pertaining to the tstat that occur after the polling event. Also, if possible, indicate what your tstat and HS report as the temperature after the polling event completes.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
            Can you send the log file entries pertaining to the tstat that occur after the polling event. Also, if possible, indicate what your tstat and HS report as the temperature after the polling event completes.
            Yes I will get that to you ASAP, although I am away from the home for 3 days so I won't be able to read the temp off the thermostat until the 24'th

Comment

I am not sure if this was anywhere on the previous pages but I am creating a personal web page (Thanks Jon00!!!) and I have all the buttons set up and working except for the Fan on and Fan auto. How would I be able to make an event to do these 2 events?

I know for a setpoint change i would do this:

Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.v b("SetTStatSetpoint","TStat1 Cool 68")

How do I do it for the Fan?

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
                I am not sure if this was anywhere on the previous pages but I am creating a personal web page (Thanks Jon00!!!) and I have all the buttons set up and working except for the Fan on and Fan auto. How would I be able to make an event to do these 2 events?

I know for a setpoint change i would do this:

Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.v b("SetTStatSetpoint","TStat1 Cool 68")

How do I do it for the Fan?

Thanks,
                Steve
                Give this a shot...

insteon_extdevsupport_tstat.vben("tstatcallback","tstat1 off")

In the parameters argument, it is the name/number of the tstat and the part after the space is the command. Here are the commands related to the fan...

fan-on
                fan-auto
                fan-toggle

Here are the others in case you need them...

Setpoints...

temp-up
                temp-down

Mode...

off
                heat
                cool
                auto
                prog
                prog-heat
                prog-cool
                next
                prev
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

This is not working. I get an error message:

12/28/2010 6:55:24 PM - Error 3 - Running script Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vben :method not found

Also, I am using the vb script for most of my events. Does that matter. I enclosed a picture of the event.

Thanks,
                  Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I got it to not give me the error. I guess Caps are important:

Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.v b("TStatCallBack","TStat1 Fan-on") )

This does not give me an error but this is what shows in the log:

12/28/2010 8:07:05 PM - Event - Running script in background: Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.v b(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb("TStatCallBack","TStat1 Fan-on") )
                    12/28/2010 8:07:05 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-on to tstat TStat1

When I do the Fan Auto event, this is what I get:

12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Event - Running script in background: Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.v b(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vb("TStatCallBack","TStat1 Fan-Auto") )
                    12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-Auto to tstat TStat1
                    12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Received Insteon Data: 01 11 C1 C9 0F D4 EF 22 6B 08
                    12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Received Insteon Data: ACK 6B 08 01 11 C1 C9 0F D4 EF 22 6B 08
                    12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - ACK Command Received
                    12/28/2010 8:10:09 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Set Value Fan to 0

What I am missing on the Fan-On event is the set value line which I need to move the fan to on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                    Steve

Comment

What is the difference between the two log snippets? Was one your event and one was pressing the button on the device?
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

They are both events. These were both executed after pressing the button. The problem with the Fan-on is that it doesn't execute the event. It just shows it in the log only.

12/28/2010 9:37:33 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-on to tstat TStat1

It is not receiving any data.

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
                          They are both events. These were both executed after pressing the button. The problem with the Fan-on is that it doesn't execute the event. It just shows it in the log only.

12/28/2010 9:37:33 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-on to tstat TStat1

It is not receiving any data.
                          Sorry, maybe I am just being dense. You say that they are both events, but that you pressed the button. When I asked about the control button on the device itself. Is that button working? I want to establish that first so I know if this is just a problem that you are having calling the script functions yourself or something more general.

In my setup, I don't execute the callback function directly. I only use the tstat control from hstouch and that can call these control methods (same as the buttons on the web) directly. That makes me wonder how that is done from hstouch. I don't know if there is some other method that I am not aware of.

I will try to setup a couple test events -- One that will set fan on and the other that will set it to auto.
                          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                          Web Site
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

The button on the Homeseer webpage works fine (Auto, on and toggle). An example of pushing the auto button on the device page that the original script creates:

12/28/2010 9:52:58 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-Auto to tstat TStat1
                            12/28/2010 9:52:59 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Received Insteon Data: 01 11 C1 C9 0F D4 EF 27 6B 08
                            12/28/2010 9:52:59 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Received Insteon Data: ACK 6B 08 01 11 C1 C9 0F D4 EF 27 6B 08
                            12/28/2010 9:52:59 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - ACK Command Received
                            12/28/2010 9:52:59 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Set Value Fan to 0

The problem is when I click the event that I created (Fan On 1st Floor) is what is not transmitting and only showing that one line in my log.

12/28/2010 9:41:42 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Fan Auto 1st Floor"
                            12/28/2010 9:41:42 PM - Event - Running script in background: Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vben(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat .vben(Insteon_ExtDevSupport_TStat.vben("TStatCallBack","TSta t1 Fan-Auto") )
                            12/28/2010 9:41:42 PM - Insteon_ExtDevSupp - Xmit Fan-Auto to tstat TStat1

(Notice it does not receive any Insteon Data)

The event that I created for Fan Auto is working and is communicating and the log shows the insteon message as shown in my previous post.

Comment

I apologize for my original post to you. All of this is case-sensitive. I believe that your problem is the case on the commands. Here is an update with the correct case.

TempUp
                              TempDown

Off
                              Heat
                              Cool
                              Auto
                              Prog
                              Prog-Heat
                              Prog-Cool
                              Mode-Next
                              Mode-Prev

Fan-On
                              Fan-Auto
                              Fan-Toggle

When I used the case you had it the post "Fan-on" it didn't work for me either. When I changed it to "Fan-On", it did.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

That worked!!!!

One other question about the Venstar 1800 Thermostat. Do they have 2 way communications? The reason I ask is that if I press the fan on button on the thermostat, how come I don't see any communication sent to Homeseer and the only way to update any information is to run your polling event. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X