Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.5 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.5 (license required)

There is a bug in 1.5.5.0 that affects registration of several devices. Please use the version on the following thread instead.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=42

Here is the next version of the licensed plugin. Please post feedback and issues to this thread.

.Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 is required

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. For new users only: copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial license), so see the following post starting with Step #2.
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147802

New Features
    - Read and Reprogram Motion Sensor settings without using Linking Mode (ie the internal set btn). Your new settings will be queued and programmed the next time the plugin receives an ON from the motion sensor. To read the current settings (battery level, light level, etc), you can select how frequently they are read from the Device Edit page. Enter 0 to disable this option. Remember, reading the settings too frequently will reduce battery life. Note: Your new settings will not be displayed until the motion sensor is successfully reprogrammed.

- Internal support for the Sage Thermostat Plugin. Requires HS 2.5.0.20 if you use both of these plugins. The HS upgrade is not necessary if you don't use the Sage Plugin.

- Sort the Device Links by number. The setting is on the Main Confg Page.

Revisions
    - Saves/reuses the last contact date/time between restarts. This will reduce excessive polling on startup.
    - Small internal changes to external device registration code. Existing external scripts should not be affected. Please scream if something is broken.
    - Other internal code changes to improve message processing and consistency.

Licenses are available in the Homeseer Store:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/PI-I...n-P948C94.aspx
    Last edited by mnsandler; August 17, 2011, 01:01 PM. Reason: removed 1.5.5.0 attachment because of major bug
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Looking forward to install and try this new plugin. Nice features especially the sensors.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Comment

To read the current settings (battery level, light level, etc), you can select how frequently they are read from the Device Edit page. Enter 0 to disable this option.

What exactly does the number (other than zero) that you enter mean? Is it the time is minutes between when it tries to get an update? Or is it how many "on"s received before it tries again? Or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
        To read the current settings (battery level, light level, etc), you can select how frequently they are read from the Device Edit page. Enter 0 to disable this option.

What exactly does the number (other than zero) that you enter mean? Is it the time is minutes between when it tries to get an update? Or is it how many "on"s received before it tries again? Or something else?
        How many "on"s received before it reads again.

if you have a better suggestion for the wording for the prompt, i'm open
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          How many "on"s received before it reads again.

if you have a better suggestion for the wording for the prompt, i'm open
          I have no better suggestions.
          Thanks

Comment

Lost status icons

I upgraded to 1.5.5 and lost my status icons for the motion sensor.
            The icons for motion, dusk/dawn and battery all show the HS light bulb now.
            How can I get back the motion, battery and luminance icons?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
              I upgraded to 1.5.5 and lost my status icons for the motion sensor.
              The icons for motion, dusk/dawn and battery all show the HS light bulb now.
              How can I get back the motion, battery and luminance icons?
              two questions:
              1. what version of the plugin were you running previously?

2. how did you add status icons to the motion sensor devices? You may just need to rerun the script or code you initially used.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                two questions:
                1. what version of the plugin were you running previously?

2. how did you add status icons to the motion sensor devices? You may just need to rerun the script or code you initially used.
                Duh... sometimes i'm am idiot. Completely forgot about that script.
                Added the following to startup, now the icons are back.

PHP Code:
                    hs.DeviceValuesAdd "[20""~No Motion" chr(2) & "0" chr(1) & "~Motion" chr(2) & "100"false
                    hs
                .DeviceValuesAdd "[22""~battery_100" chr(2) & "0" chr(1) & "~battery_25" chr(2) & "100"false
                    hs
                .DeviceValuesAdd "[21""~luminance-100" chr(2) & "0" chr(1) & "~luminance-00" chr(2) & "100"false 

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  Duh... sometimes i'm am idiot. Completely forgot about that script.
                  Added the following to startup, now the icons are back.
                  putting the script into the startup.txt is okay but not necessary for every restart. hs saves these settings to the mdb database so they stick between restarts.

And just doing the upgrade should not have affected your settings. Did you delete and register the motion sensor before the upgrade?

thanks
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    Thanks again for the new upgrade. Now that we have battery and other values back from the plugin, would it be possible to have virtual devices created usingthese values so we can monitor them? It would be nice to know that a battery is at 8 V and that needs a replacement.

Thanks,
                    Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                      Hi Mark,
                      Thanks again for the new upgrade. Now that we have battery and other values back from the plugin, would it be possible to have virtual devices created usingthese values so we can monitor them? It would be nice to know that a battery is at 8 V and that needs a replacement.

Thanks,
                      Aldo
                      I knew it was just a matter of time before someone asked for this

Isn't it reduntant to monitor the battery value if you already have a device that will tell you when it is low?

Maybe a special trigger would be better/easier. I'll add it to the list.

for now please see how the 'low battery' device works for you.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                        Maybe I'm missing something but this is what I have for battery status.

Anyway I reverted back to v1.5.3.0. I was getting lot of ? for some of the devices. I do not think it is your plugin but I want to run it back to the previous release to make sure. I will keep you posted.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,
                          Maybe I'm missing something but this is what I have for battery status.

Anyway I reverted back to v1.5.3.0. I was getting lot of ? for some of the devices. I do not think it is your plugin but I want to run it back to the previous release to make sure. I will keep you posted.
                          Right, so when the MS detects a low battery this device will go ON. You can create a trigger to notify you based on this device.

Or maybe you are asking me to put the battery voltage value on this device? I'll have to think about that. Not sure what i would break if i did that.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Interesting the device never went on. With the voltage it would be more accurate since you know the battery is going out. As always I appreciate your quick response.

Aldo

Comment

Interesting the device never went on. With the voltage it would be more accurate since you know the battery is going out. As always I appreciate your quick response.

Aldo
                              i think i read somewhere that the low bat goes ON around 7.8V. Does that correlate with your voltage reading?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X