Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outletlincs failing... anyone else seeing this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outletlincs failing... anyone else seeing this?

I've blown two outletlincs in the last week or so ... I had it controlling a small HEPA filter. After a few on/off cycles the outletlinc dies - no response to controls, or to polls, and the LED is unlit.

I don't see any indication of a fuse inside the device ...

Are these things unreliable or did I just get two lemons in a row?

Thanks!

Could be a power issue. We have had a lot of storm activity lately and power surges/outages, etc. I haven't had an issue but these can sometimes wreak havok with electronics. Also, are they older. I think Insteon quality has improved over time. If you bought directly from Smarthome. They are very good about swapping out.

Comment

Did you try a factor reset
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update

I should have had more faith... a power interruption yesterday has restored the outletlinc. I had been postponing the factory reset (since I seem to be short on a 'W' or 'G' (as in 'WAF'))

The only thing unusual about the install is that I have two filterlincs (old grey ones) on the unswitched outlet serving two computers. They don't seem to be blocking the signal but I suspect they might be generating a spike that's causing the outletlinc to lock up.

Comment

Working...
        X