Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how's this version going? not a lot of noise here so it might be working ok
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just in!

Smarthome is shipping devices with their new Insteon protocol called i2CS. When you register one of these devices the protocol will show as i2CS.

V1.7 already has support this new protocol.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I do have a couple of issues, but it's difficult to tie them to this release.

One issue is in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153215.

The other is with the attached event. The Insteon action works as defined but the HR status shows the previous status of those lights. Polling those lights does refresh the HR status page.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post

The other is with the attached event. The Insteon action works as defined but the HR status shows the previous status of those lights. Polling those lights does refresh the HR status page.
          I did see your first post about the events but I'll have to let you figure that one out.

but if the basic problem is that after an Insteon action is executed, and the HS device isn't updated; i can check that out.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just tested the action you are using and setting the level to 0 and does not update the hs status. I don't that this is new, but i can fix it.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              Just in!

Smarthome is shipping devices with their new Insteon protocol called i2CS. When you register one of these devices the protocol will show as i2CS.

V1.7 already has support this new protocol.

Mark its been working great. I'm having an issue with a kepadlinc tied to a new IOlinc I put on my garage door, but I'm not sure I understand the insteon options, I think its me. I need more time before raising it as an issue.

What is in the new insteon protocol now that the cat is out of the bag?
              Paul

Comment

It's been working great for me too. Very stable.

I second pbibm's request, what's new in I2CS. The internet is still devoid of information

Comment

I did see your first post about the events but I'll have to let you figure that one out.
                  Are you saying it's more of an HS issue (which is also what I think)? Or could it be my lack of understanding of HS logic?

Comment

Are you saying it's more of an HS issue (which is also what I think)? Or could it be my lack of understanding of HS logic?
                    no, its a bug in the plugin, i'll post a fix shortly
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by kevini View Post
                      It's been working great for me too. Very stable.

I second pbibm's request, what's new in I2CS. The internet is still devoid of information
                      Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                      Mark its been working great. I'm having an issue with a kepadlinc tied to a new IOlinc I put on my garage door, but I'm not sure I understand the insteon options, I think its me. I need more time before raising it as an issue.

Thanks for the feedback on the v1.7

Regarding the new i2cs protocol, its intended to improve message reliability.

- cs = checksum, programming msgs must have a checksum
                      - wired devices must specifically be linked as a responder to the plm before they will accept cmds.
                      - after a device sends a broadcast msg, it will send a report of how many devices didn't respond with a cleanup msg
                      - i think the only user feature is the ability to control the number of times cleanup messages are sent after group broadcasts. I'm still researching this for the plugin
                      - x10 is removed from some devices
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post

I just installed my 2 yr old iolinc on my garage door but i didn't link it to be controlled by a kpl. Have you reviewed the SH documentation on this setup

you need to pick the right mode and the "Send on Cmd" option. The defaults on the others should be fine.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just to be sure...

Mark, just to be sure I understand...

I reported 2 issues:
                          1. One issue is in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153215.
                          2. HR status not updating on an Insteon event
                          Which is your fix addressing?

Comment

mark, just to be sure i understand...

I reported 2 issues:
                            1. one issue is in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153215.
                            2. hr status not updating on an insteon event
                            which is your fix addressing?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just installed my 2 yr old iolinc on my garage door but i didn't link it to be controlled by a kpl. Have you reviewed the SH documentation on this setup

you need to pick the right mode and the "Send on Cmd" option. The defaults on the others should be fine.
                              Yeh I installed it early in january and overall it still works to get the door up and back down. The status light of the kpl button gets set right when the door is up or down. It seems to get confused about signalling the door going back down when its manually gone up. I don't think I used the send on command option. I am about 100% sure this a user malfunction.
                              Paul

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the v1.7

Regarding the new i2cs protocol, its intended to improve message reliability.

- cs = checksum, programming msgs must have a checksum
                                - wired devices must specifically be linked as a responder to the plm before they will accept cmds.
                                - after a device sends a broadcast msg, it will send a report of how many devices didn't respond with a cleanup msg
                                - i think the only user feature is the ability to control the number of times cleanup messages are sent after group broadcasts. I'm still researching this for the plugin
                                - x10 is removed from some devices
                                Interesting. That third one could possibly be reported on Test Communications...
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X