This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    I do have a couple of issues, but it's difficult to tie them to this release.

One issue is in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153215.

The other is with the attached event. The Insteon action works as defined but the HR status shows the previous status of those lights. Polling those lights does refresh the HR status page.
    Claude, please give the attached a try. it should fix the issue related to the attached event.

please test other devices and device control from the status page.
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Thanks. Just installed; will test when I get some free cycles, or tomorrow morning.

Comment

I know I had a post on this a short while back, not sure why I cannot find it but anyway. I can run version 1.5.3 with no problems but when I update to something more recent it requires me to restart homeseer just inside of every two days. I lose communication to switches and of course this bogs everything down. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
          I know I had a post on this a short while back, not sure why I cannot find it but anyway. I can run version 1.5.3 with no problems but when I update to something more recent it requires me to restart homeseer just inside of every two days. I lose communication to switches and of course this bogs everything down. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this.
          John,

I would need to see a detailed log of what happens when things bog down.

Can you tell me which PLM you have? If you have one of the usb PLMs, have you been keeping up with the FTDI chipset drivers?

v1.6.1 would be a good version to test, but it seems like maybe you tried v1.7 since you are replying here so a detailed log would be helpful.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            John,

I would need to see a detailed log of what happens when things bog down.

Can you tell me which PLM you have? If you have one of the usb PLMs, have you been keeping up with the FTDI chipset drivers?

v1.6.1 would be a good version to test, but it seems like maybe you tried v1.7 since you are replying here so a detailed log would be helpful.
            What is the next version after 1.5.3? A few months back I tried to upgrade and had the same issue.. I don't know which version I tried but had the same result where switches would stop communicating. I reverted back to 1.5.3 and no more problems. I bought a few new switches so I tried again to upgrade but as I am reporting here the issue returned. I belive I have the serial plm plugged into a edgeport, I'll check when I get home. The detailed log is generated from a button in your plugin correct?
            John

Comment

Claude, please give the attached a try. it should fix the issue related to the attached event.
              Problem solved! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                What is the next version after 1.5.3? A few months back I tried to upgrade and had the same issue.. I don't know which version I tried but had the same result where switches would stop communicating. I reverted back to 1.5.3 and no more problems. I bought a few new switches so I tried again to upgrade but as I am reporting here the issue returned. I belive I have the serial plm plugged into a edgeport, I'll check when I get home. The detailed log is generated from a button in your plugin correct?
                Please try v1.6.1 (see link below) and post your results to that thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152166

detailed logging is enabled from the plugin config page. or you may generate an insteon error report log from the config page as well
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Please try v1.6.1 (see link below) and post your results to that thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152166

detailed logging is enabled from the plugin config page. or you may generate an insteon error report log from the config page as well
                  OK dropped in 1.61... I think it was 1.6.0 that I first noticed my problem, I had a copy of that dll on my desktop so that was probably the one I rolled back from.
                  John

Comment

Hi Mark, I am having problems linking a new Triggerlink device Rev.1.3. I have 2 older ones that have been working for some time. I do not remember having to do anything special to get them to work with HS. But this one will not learn in. I have tried Tap-add and manual add methods. The device is working (checked by linking to another device) so I am a bit stumped. Insteon Version 1.7.0.1 installed.

CM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                      Hi Mark, I am having problems linking a new Triggerlink device Rev.1.3. I have 2 older ones that have been working for some time. I do not remember having to do anything special to get them to work with HS. But this one will not learn in. I have tried Tap-add and manual add methods. The device is working (checked by linking to another device) so I am a bit stumped. Insteon Version 1.7.0.1 installed.

CM
                      You have put them into linking mode (hold down the setup btn for 4 secs) first. If this doesn't work, try moving the TL very close to the RF PLM or AP
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The device is only 4 feet away from an AP. I did put it in linking mode.

I tried upgrading to 1.7.0.6

Tap Link again and now I have no insteon traffic. This has never happened before.

Here is my log:

3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 5 commands.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device 14.7D.B9 for cmd 00 00 00 14 7D B9 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 after 3 tries.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:07 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:07 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device 17.FA.49 for cmd 00 00 00 17 FA 49 0F 11 FF after 3 tries.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:11 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:11 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:16 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:21 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:26 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:31 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:36 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:41 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:46 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:32:56 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        3/16/2012 7:33:01 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

The device is only 4 feet away from an AP. I did put it in linking mode.

I tried upgrading to 1.7.0.6

Tap Link again and now I have no insteon traffic. This has never happened before.

Here is my log:

3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 5 commands.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device 14.7D.B9 for cmd 00 00 00 14 7D B9 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 after 3 tries.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:06 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:07 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:07 PM Insteon Transmit failed to device 17.FA.49 for cmd 00 00 00 17 FA 49 0F 11 FF after 3 tries.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:11 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:11 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:16 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:21 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:26 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:31 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:36 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:41 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:46 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                          3/16/2012 7:32:51 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:32:56 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          3/16/2012 7:33:01 PM Insteon Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                          restart hs to clear this mess, not sure how the plm got screwed up.

hold the TL 4 inches from the AP
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Never got it to work through your interface. I ended up having to manually link it to the plm (by pushing the button on the PLM) while it tap mode. All is fine now.
                            CM
                            Last edited by codemonkey; March 16, 2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Never got it to work through your interface. I ended up having to manually link it to the plm (by pushing the button on the PLM) while it tap mode. All is fine now.
                              CM
                              ok, i'll test mine again
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

CM,
                                I retested the registration process for the new TL. I will admit its a little flacky, but it does work.

I was able to register the device with my dev RF PLM on the first try since its only about 10 ft away. However I had a lot of trouble registering the same TL with my production PLM via an access point. Took me several tries.

I truly believe the TLs aren't that strong and any bit of RF noise will interfer with their signal.

If you can, please try registering the next TL by holding it close to the RF PLM not an AP.

Thanks
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X