Best Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Audio

Ok so I have a hometroller sepro and I am wanting to do whole home audio what is the best system I was told that they have drivers for the nuvo but it is not supported along with the russound but what works the best and what ist he best. Sonos is so expensive and I am wanting to do a wired setup because we are building a new home.

The Sonos is a really good system and there's a really well done plugin that works so I wouldn't rule this system out too quickly.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Unfortunately, the JRiver Media Center plugin is basically dead at this point, but the software is amazing - supports multiple soundcards, and has a nice Android app to control it.

PC with JRMC, mulitple sound cards and a bunch of amplifiers and you have a really nice system, in my opinion...

Comment

sonos

yes but the sonos system for my setup will cost well over 4 grand and that's only two speakers per zone.

Comment

Most home zoned sound systems utilize the same infrastructure or very similiar infrastructure.

That said wire for multiple types of zoned systems. That will be the less costly part of your endeavor.

Then take your time deciding on what you want to utilize or purchase.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

audio

Ok will do but other then sonos what system is the most compatible with homeseer.

Comment

I just bought a Russound CAM6.6 with XM receiver. I have had it on the bench for a few days testing it and it works amazingly well with HomeSeer. I have been testing the HSPRO built in plugin and also BLRussound. I like features of both.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

russound

ok sounds good so are you using the homeseer interface to control or just the russound stuff

Comment

I use the CAV6.6. I think they have been discontinued. I got two on closeout for half price.

If you can find them, I think they are great.

I also have the XM/Radio unit and it works well with the CAV6.6.

The Homeseer plugin is basically not supported now, but works very well. There is a bug in the plugin for multiple units, but I scripted a workaround. Other than that you can do all sorts of things with the script interface.

The wattage is plenty for each zone, even powering 4 outdoor speakers on one zone.

I only bought one keypad for programming and use Homeseer entirely for control.

Comment

alright that is probably what I will go with they are cheap on ebay they even have some new ones. As for your xm receiever what are you using

Comment

Its the russound XM/Radio unit that goes with the CAV6.6. It integrates both with the CAV and with the Homeseer plugin. Dont have the model number in front of me right now.

Comment

Here too I have Russound Zoned Amps. Splitting the RS-232 control with a serial server such that my OPII Omnitouch screens and Homeseer control it. That said I also added keypads to the mix. Fastest control though is via the directly connected keypads.

Here too I went to in wall instead of ceiling mounted speakers. I also was able to get these at a reasonable cost purchasing them by the case.

I also got a deal on open stock Russound amps. They are built to last forever.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

russuond

are the new russound c series not compatable with homeseer

Comment

I also plan to use HomeSeer exclusively to control the unit. I have one keypad but found I don't really need it since I have the PC programming software available from Russound. I didn't realize the HS plugin had bugs with multiple nuts. I may switch to BLRussound or write my own.
                            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

The above noted; my HAI Omnitouch to Russound screens as primitive as they are; are slow with the legacy Omnitouch serial screens. (the HS Plugin with its problems is actually faster in response times than the HAI control on the Omnitouch screens).
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X