X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Insteon Motion Sensor users

All,

I need to create a 4th device for Motion Sensors that support the battery level. The four device will manage the battery level (instead of the current low battery indicator device)

I need to make this change in the HS2 plugin so it will work in the HS3 plugin as well.

Let me know if you have any real heartburn about this
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

If you need a tester, just let me know

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
      thanks. I'll post something in the next couple of days
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, i just got one of the motion sensors from Smarthome. Mine is a Insteon 2842-222. I have provided a screen shot of the device screen with the 3 devices...
        Attached Files
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
          here ya go

I added a 4th device to the motion sensor setup. it will be added automatically; no need to delete and register

here is what i need tested for MSs that support battery level

1. confirm the battery level device is created
          2. when you click Reset on the Low Battery Warning device, it changes from On to Off. And the battery level device changes to 9.0 (value of 90). You can force the low bat warning on from hs control with the hs.setdevicevalue call.
          3. when the battery level is read from the MS, that the level is record in the new battery level device. again the value will be an integer (60-90), but the display value will be in the format 8.7

thanks
          Attached Files
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No issue for me, trying the beta now

Comment

Seems to be working for me, it created the devices with the status of off to start with. The reset made it 9.0V.

When does the sensor report the voltage? On an ON?

Comment

Originally posted by kevini View Post
                Seems to be working for me, it created the devices with the status of off to start with. The reset made it 9.0V.

When does the sensor report the voltage? On an ON?
                After the number of ONs set in the device edit page in the plugin
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ah, It was set to 0. I've updated it and will continue to test

Comment

Pressing the reset button on the Low battery warning after install of the new version set the battery level to 9.0V
                    Attached Files
                    Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                      Pressing the reset button on the Low battery warning after install of the new version set the battery level to 9.0V
                      that all sounds good. I didn't default the battery level for a new device. I don't have the capability right now. Might have to add that to the list.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        here ya go

I added a 4th device to the motion sensor setup. it will be added automatically; no need to delete and register...
                        I tested with both HS2 and HS3 (using 3.0.2.1). I didn't do the 'reset' part: I didn't see the purpose since I can get the level.

It worked great in both environments.

For HS3, even though the 4th device did get created, I had 2 reset buttons on the 'low battery warning' and the 'battery level' would not update. So I deleted the 4 devices on the Device management page, restarted HS3 and all was good.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                          I tested with both HS2 and HS3 (using 3.0.2.1). I didn't do the 'reset' part: I didn't see the purpose since I can get the level.

It worked great in both environments.

For HS3, even though the 4th device did get created, I had 2 reset buttons on the 'low battery warning' and the 'battery level' would not update. So I deleted the 4 devices on the Device management page, restarted HS3 and all was good.
                          thanks for the feedback
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I will try this version in a couple of days.

Comment

So far so good for me, I have noticed some of the sensors go back to 9.0V. What is the criteria for going back to the default? I did change the number of on events from 5 to 25.

Comment

Working...
                              X