X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
    Mark:

I migrated my system from the 2413S PLM to the new hub about a week ago. Everything has been normal until this morning and I see in my HS2 log several of the the following messages:

12/11/2013 8:01:52 AM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

12/11/2013 8:01:52 AM Insteon Error, an error log file could not be written: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String value) at Insteon.Support.Utilities.LogManager.ReportError(String Msg)

The Error Report and portions of the HS log are attached.

[ATTACH]37529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37530[/ATTACH]
    thanks for the info. Seems like the hub's buffer isn't getting cleared and is overflowing my code. I should be able to fix this
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      try to manually link the device to the plm first, then try to register in the plugin
      Never done that before, got a pointer to what I should do? (sorry, everything's worked so well in the ~6 months I've been playing with it that I probably don't know some basics!)

Comment

Originally posted by mariusstrom View Post
        Never done that before, got a pointer to what I should do? (sorry, everything's worked so well in the ~6 months I've been playing with it that I probably don't know some basics!)
        put the device into linking mode (see the manual) and then put the hub into linking mode (press set btn on back for 3 secs)

both should double beep and then try to register the device in the plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

put the device into linking mode (see the manual) and then put the hub into linking mode (press set btn on back for 3 secs)

both should double beep and then try to register the device in the plugin
          Got them manually linked (they both double-beeped), and adding the device in the plugin via address still failed with the same Communication Error message.

Comment

Update

By way of an update to the issues I've been having.
            I added an X-10 module to the system but was not getting it to respond. There are a number of comments about the INSTEON hub X-10 signal being weaker that standard X-10 transmitters.
            I decided to put me CM12U back into service to see if that would help.
            It has made the X-10 more responsive but of more interest I haven't had an interface crash since.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
              By way of an update to the issues I've been having.
              I added an X-10 module to the system but was not getting it to respond. There are a number of comments about the INSTEON hub X-10 signal being weaker that standard X-10 transmitters.
              I decided to put me CM12U back into service to see if that would help.
              It has made the X-10 more responsive but of more interest I haven't had an interface crash since.
              that's good new.

could you elaborate on the comment, "I haven't had an interface crash since."
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks for the info. Seems like the hub's buffer isn't getting cleared and is overflowing my code. I should be able to fix this
                Mark, do you have any idea when you might have this fixed in V2.0? I have not seen this issue again since reporting it, but I was wondering if there is something I can do via script or something to circumvent the problem?

Comment

I'll post something tonight
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
                    Mark, do you have any idea when you might have this fixed in V2.0? I have not seen this issue again since reporting it, but I was wondering if there is something I can do via script or something to circumvent the problem?
                    i posted 2.0.0.4. it basically limits the amount of text displayed in in the buffer to the log. Let me know
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

that's good new.

could you elaborate on the comment, "I haven't had an interface crash since."
                      When I posted that comment I hadn't an interface crash since I made the change from using the INSTEON hub and your plugin to using the X-10 interface for X-10 commands and the hub fir INSTEON commands.

However I have a separate problem I am working to resolve with power outs in my home mains supply! I have ELCB on the circuits and the one the PC running Homeseer is on keeps tripping out.

I did have some issues following a 'power out' but a reset of the server, the hub and the X-10 interface seems to have resolved that!

Comment

I have installed the new plugin 2.0.0.4 and now have an error from a script.

- Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: Light Level Script.txt424:Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)' in line 5 More info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

Here is Line 5

Lightlevel = hs.plugin("Insteon").getdevicesetting("21.XX.XX","Current Light Level") ' Motion sensor

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by matt1 View Post
                          I have installed the new plugin 2.0.0.4 and now have an error from a script.

- Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: Light Level Script.txt424:Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)' in line 5 More info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

Here is Line 5

Lightlevel = hs.plugin("Insteon").getdevicesetting("21.XX.XX","Current Light Level") ' Motion sensor

Any ideas?
                          can you do this in two setups and see what you get

dim insteon as object

Insteon = hs.plugin("Insteon")

Insteon..getdevicesetting("21.XX.XX","Current Light Level")
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Updated to the newest HS2 Version (v2.0.0.4) and linked some more dimmers & 6 buttons today. Had to cycle the power several times from the CB panel for safety reasons. Anyway, I noticed at one point my pool pumps were running and all the Light Dimmers were turned on to 5%. Never seen anything in the general log. I'll report back if it happens again.

One question I have is about the Par38 (2674-222). I can link it to a wall dimmer and control it from HS with no problem. But I am having issues setting ramp rate and dim level using the plugin. Is this supported with your plugin or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks for the great work.

CharlieWayne
                            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                              Updated to the newest HS2 Version (v2.0.0.4) and linked some more dimmers & 6 buttons today. Had to cycle the power several times from the CB panel for safety reasons. Anyway, I noticed at one point my pool pumps were running and all the Light Dimmers were turned on to 5%. Never seen anything in the general log. I'll report back if it happens again.

One question I have is about the Par38 (2674-222). I can link it to a wall dimmer and control it from HS with no problem. But I am having issues setting ramp rate and dim level using the plugin. Is this supported with your plugin or is it a hardware issue?

CharlieWayne
                              The par38 is supported but the ramp rate/on level maybe be an issue. I'll check.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post

CharlieWayne
                                the Par38 seems to be responding correctly to the on level and ramp rate settings from the plugin when controlling the bulb directly from the hs stat page. i'm using v2.0.0.4

if it is not responding correctly to being controlled via a switchlinc then delete and recreate the links. Otherwise it may be a fw issue.

have you tried including the bulb in a group and see how it does
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X