X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.4.8 Release

LINUX IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!

Fixes/Changes:
    - Added X10 Triggers. Please check your Insteon triggers to make sure nothing broke
    - The configuration and firing of the Insteon Interface triggers
    - Added non-toggle mode to the 8 button Remotelinc2 (basically the devices only sends Ons)
    - Insteon Trigger Error (3.0.4.1)
    - Fanlinc support; fan speed control - remove and readd the device (3.0.4.4)
    - Micro Shutter (open/close) device support (3.0.4.4)
    - added parent child relationships so you can group like devices on the dev mgmt page (3.0.4.5)
    - Added runtime and reverse settings the Micro Open/Close module 0E01 (3.0.4.6)
    - HS devices weren't getting deleted when the associated insteon device was removed from the plugin (3.0.4.8)
    - Device button positioning fixed (3.0.4.8)

Previous Enhancements
    - Added Enable X10 option to config page. X10 users must enable this. Its disabled by default. Only enable if you are using the PLM for X10. If you are using another X10 plugin, please disable this option.

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs in the zip to the homeseer folder
    4. Restart HS

For Migration from HS2
    Copy your config\insteon.ini to the hs3 config folder

I recommend running HS 3.0.0.54 or later

X10 User Instructions:

You must create the hs devices on the hs device management page using the Add Device button. Enter the Code (eg A1) only, don't bother with the Address field or the Device Type field, that will be populated as "Insteon X10".

You will see an extra tab labeled Insteon.

There are three options on the Insteon tab:
    1. Supports Dimming (as opposed to just on & off). this will add a slider to the hs device for dimming control.
    2. Support Preset Dimming (typically Smarthome x10 devices)
    3. Supports Status Requests (typically 2-way devices)

select the appropriate ones per the physical x10 device.

Click the "Save as Insteon X10" button to save the device as an X10 device that will be controlled by the Insteon Plugin.

you may edit these values later and use the Done button on Insteon tab

If for some reason, you already created a bunch of x10 devices, you may use the "Update X10 Devices" on the plugin config page to assign any hs device that have a valid x10 code to the plugin. Then use the device management page to configure the device.

Starting with 3.0.3.17, you must Enable X10 on the plugin config page otherwise X10 msgs are ignored.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; May 5, 2014, 07:59 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I'm trying to nail down what the special Insteon interface triggers do exactly.

So, in the Revision history thread, I found:
    An Interface Stops Responding trigger. This can be used to notify you immediately when an disconnect occurs. The plugin will still try to recovery.
    In the Consolidated documentation, I found:
    Interface Crashes - This trigger will fire if the plugin is having trouble communicating with the PLM (or other interface) and it can't successfully restart the PLM. This can be used to restart HS if necessary.
    And I remember several posts discussing one or the other but can't seem to find those.

Can I suggest expanding the level of detail of both interface triggers in the Consolidated documentation? Some helpful information would be...

Interface Stops Responding - what is considered a 'disconnect'? At the TCP/IP level, at the Insteon communication level? Does it occur at the first retry or when the configured number of retries is reached? What are the various situations that would invoke this trigger?

Interface Crashes - I can manually (interactively) start the Insteon plug-in. Is there a programmatic way of starting the plug-in via script?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      I'm trying to nail down what the special Insteon interface triggers do exactly.

So, in the Revision history thread, I found:
      An Interface Stops Responding trigger. This can be used to notify you immediately when an disconnect occurs. The plugin will still try to recovery.
      In the Consolidated documentation, I found:
      Interface Crashes - This trigger will fire if the plugin is having trouble communicating with the PLM (or other interface) and it can't successfully restart the PLM. This can be used to restart HS if necessary.
      And I remember several posts discussing one or the other but can't seem to find those.

Can I suggest expanding the level of detail of both interface triggers in the Consolidated documentation? Some helpful information would be...

Interface Stops Responding - what is considered a 'disconnect'? At the TCP/IP level, at the Insteon communication level? Does it occur at the first retry or when the configured number of retries is reached? What are the various situations that would invoke this trigger?

Interface Crashes - I can manually (interactively) start the Insteon plug-in. Is there a programmatic way of starting the plug-in via script?
      I have updated the documentation.

I don't know how to just restart a plugin via a script while hs is running. I don't think its possible and its why most people just restart HS or the box completely.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        I have updated the documentation ...
        Within [Config], you may want to add this one:
        ProcessACKs= True | False

Forces the Insteon plug-in to process ACKs received for commands it did not send (ex: those from other controlers); it normally ignores them

Comment

Interface Stops Responding - This trigger will fire when the Interface fails to transmit X number of commands consecutively.

Does each retry for a given command increment the FailMargin counter?

Comment

Interface Stops Responding - This trigger will fire when the Interface fails to transmit X number of commands consecutively.

Does each retry for a given command increment the FailMargin counter?
            each retry does increment the counter. these are the retries you set on the con fig page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Within [Config], you may want to add this one:
              ProcessACKs= True | False

Forces the Insteon plug-in to process ACKs received for commands it did not send (ex: those from other controlers); it normally ignores them

done. thanks for the wording. I hope publishing this feature/setting doesn't get me in trouble.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks again for the good work migrating to HS3. I don't want to start a tech war, but looking at the number of posts on Zwave stability and functionality issues, man am I glad I went Insteon...

Comment

Errors 0n 3.0.4.0

Moved to 3.0.4.0 today and got errors whenever I utilize an Insteon Device

Mar-09 8:00:01 AM Insteon Unknown subtrigger number: 8

This occurs on every device.

I rolled back to 3.0.3.17. My plug-in version still states 3.0.4.0 however, I am sure I am running 3.0.3.17 dlls.

Comment

are you using x10 with the plugin?

where does the version number show the wrong number? on the config page, on the hspi_insteon.dll directly
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      are you using x10 with the plugin?

where does the version number show the wrong number? on the config page, on the hspi_insteon.dll directly
                      Yes I am using X10. Have it enabled within the plug-in.

Within the plug-in page, it still shows 3.0.4.0 however, to get rid of the error, I had to move back to 3.0.3.17. Just copied the DLLs back from original zip files.

Right after the Mar-09 12:50:15 PM Insteon Received XX.XX.XX:3 (XX XX Lamps) Go OFF
                      Mar-09 12:50:14 PM Insteon Unknown subtrigger number: 9
                      or first time
                      Mar-09 12:49:47 PM Insteon Unknown subtrigger number: 8
                      Last edited by dmauer; March 9, 2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmauer View Post
                        Yes I am using X10. Have it enabled within the plug-in.

Within the plug-in page, it still shows 3.0.4.0 however, to get rid of the error, I had to move back to 3.0.3.17. Just copied the DLLs back from original zip files.

Right after the Mar-09 12:50:15 PM Insteon Received XX.XX.XX:3 (XX XX Lamps) Go OFF
                        Mar-09 12:50:14 PM Insteon Unknown subtrigger number: 9
                        or first time
                        Mar-09 12:49:47 PM Insteon Unknown subtrigger number: 8
                        I posted 3.0.4.1. it should fix the issue. thanks for reporting.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

X10 Triggers

I finally had a chance to download and test the new X10 triggers. Works great. Thanks for adding this feature.

Comment

Thanks again for the good work migrating to HS3. I don't want to start a tech war, but looking at the number of posts on Zwave stability and functionality issues, man am I glad I went Insteon...
                            I have zwave in my house and my brother is building a new house and wants me to pull the low voltage permit and make it smart. I'm thinking insteon.
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                              I have zwave in my house and my brother is building a new house and wants me to pull the low voltage permit and make it smart. I'm thinking insteon.

I have both. If I could get good locks that are Insteon, I would get rid of Z-wave. Insteon is more reliable for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X