This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Is there a problem with being able to activate the Insteon Micro Modules through a script? I can turn on and off device manually but it will not work when performing this functions in the event. Please let me know if anyone is having the same problem

Regards
    Mark
    SH is sending me a new micro on/off module. once i get, i will test and report back. thanks for your patience
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey mark.
      Now that you added fanlinc support I can select on/low/med/high which is great.
      But if I link it to a keylinc 8/6 keys , I still need to select % and not the available choices.
      Can you fix it?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
        Hey mark.
        Now that you added fanlinc support I can select on/low/med/high which is great.
        But if I link it to a keylinc 8/6 keys , I still need to select % and not the available choices.
        Can you fix it?
        Thanks
        try 35% and 65% and see what you get
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is there a problem with being able to activate the Insteon Micro Modules through a script? I can turn on and off device manually but it will not work when performing this functions in the event. Please let me know if anyone is having the same problem

Regards
          Mark
          you're not going to believe this, but if you are using hs.setdevicevalue or a ver of this, there is a bug in hs3 where this routine doesn't call the plugin.

I have the new micro module open/close so I can check the event actions, but I know the script access is broken
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I posted a Linux compatible plugin here if anyone is interested
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167609
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              you're not going to believe this, but if you are using hs.setdevicevalue or a ver of this, there is a bug in hs3 where this routine doesn't call the plugin.

I have the new micro module open/close so I can check the event actions, but I know the script access is broken
              This must be why my original config did not work. thanks for the update

Comment

This must be why my original config did not work. thanks for the update
                You will need to use the new CAPI interface in your script. Check out the hs3 programming forums for details
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Help

I am using the Insteon plug in to access my insteon hub, my issue is, I set the pooling time to 1 minute and if I change the device (say a switch) it is not polling the change in HS... what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
                    I am using the Insteon plug in to access my insteon hub, my issue is, I set the pooling time to 1 minute and if I change the device (say a switch) it is not polling the change in HS... what am I doing wrong?
                    is Polling disabled on the config page?

are other devices polling okay?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

KPL button goups

Just purchased an 8 button KPL (v7.0, FW 43); using 3.0.4.8. It's not clear to me how to use/program the "button groups", 'Radio Group x" or "Combine x".

For example, in "Edit Insteon Device", on the Button 'B' channel , I select "Radio group 1" from the pull down menu in the "Button Groups" column, then nothing else happens. Tried to save changes after selecting "Radio group 1", but that wipes it from the display.

In the context help: "Select the same option value for each set of buttons to group". What does that mean? How do I get there?

I tried to get some sense of this by reading the Insteon documentation, but no luck.

Coud not find posts explaining this.

Mark: could you please provide a short blurb on this?

Comment

My understanding of the radio group is that you must assign multiple buttons to the radio group.one you do, only one of the group can be on at a time, and turning a second one on will cause the first to turn off.
                        Along that line of thought, I would guess combine would work in something of a one for all fashion, perhaps for creating a pseudo 3+ way switch?

Originally posted by claude View Post
                        Just purchased an 8 button KPL (v7.0, FW 43); using 3.0.4.8. It's not clear to me how to use/program the "button groups", 'Radio Group x" or "Combine x".

For example, in "Edit Insteon Device", on the Button 'B' channel , I select "Radio group 1" from the pull down menu in the "Button Groups" column, then nothing else happens. Tried to save changes after selecting "Radio group 1", but that wipes it from the display.

In the context help: "Select the same option value for each set of buttons to group". What does that mean? How do I get there?

I tried to get some sense of this by reading the Insteon documentation, but no luck.

Comment

radio groups are like a group of radio buttons...only one on at a time. just select the same radio group for each set of keys that you want to work together in a group.

Combine makes two or more buttons act as one.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, RawLiquid: thanks for the info.

I now understand the concept, but still lost on the implementation.

For experimenting, I selected Radio group 4 for KPL buttons G & H, then programmed the button groups. I could not see any change in the KPL links. Is the "or" function implemented on the KPL itself (I expect it whould then apear in the links somehow), or in the Insteon plug-in? I'm obviously missing some bits here.

And what about the context help: "Select the same option value for each set of buttons to group". Is "option value" one of "Radio group x" or "Combine x" ?

Where could I read more on this feature?

Comment

Mark, RawLiquid: thanks for the info.

I now understand the concept, but still lost on the implementation.

For experimenting, I selected Radio group 4 for KPL buttons G & H, then programmed the button groups. I could not see any change in the KPL links. Is the "or" function implemented on the KPL itself (I expect it whould then apear in the links somehow), or in the Insteon plug-in? I'm obviously missing some bits here.

And what about the context help: "Select the same option value for each set of buttons to group". Is "option value" one of "Radio group x" or "Combine x" ?

these features are programmed to the KPL; no link changes.

Radio Group and Combine are different features. Try one at a time and visit the kpl to see the effects.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, is there an answer to the above question, besides posts?

Comment

Working...
                                X