Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok since i disabled the write cache - the checkboxes are still marked.
    Last edited by ez1976; September 15, 2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post

BTW Mark, dont mean to hi-jack the thread but since you removed the fanlinc as a controller, i created some events to turn on the keypad if the fanlink has changed it status and turn it off when i turn the fan off.
      this causes major issues with other insteon devices.

i have no idea why but when these events are enabled, if i turn on the fan from the HS's homepage or app it will turn on at 60% all the insteon devices in my house.
      i tried it 4 times in a row and it did that
      once i removed these events, it stopped (i think it stopped)
      do you have any suggests why this could happen?
      please edit & move this to a new thread
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

sorry about that
        started a new thread

I will monitor the check-boxes and will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
          Gentlemen:

In my case, I hadn't added any new devices recently when I started this thread. However, prior to your asking for the testing, I had added an Insteon receptacle, in fact, that was the one I sent since it was the easiest to find in the .ini file.
          what version of hs2 are you running?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Version

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=tablerowodd align=right>HomeSeer Version:</TD> <TD class=tablerowodd align=left>Standard Edition 2.5.0.49</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Mark.
              as soon as i changed the write-cache the checkbox are still marked.
              so is this an HS issue? a windows issue?

anyway this seems to resolve the issue.
              hope others with the same problem finds this post

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                Mark.
                as soon as i changed the write-cache the checkbox are still marked.
                so is this an HS issue? a windows issue?

anyway this seems to resolve the issue.
                hope others with the same problem finds this post
                i would have to point to a windows issue since you didn't make any changes in hs3 and everything is now working as expected
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

but since it is a new installation with a clean windows dedicated only for running Homeseer i expect to see this with other users.

anyway i will keep you updated if this happens again

Comment

Lost Sync

Make that 3 times. Noticed yesterday that keypads and some switches were not displaying actual status of controlled device. Went through them all this morning and with the exception of 3 lamplincs, the sync box was unchecked.

Nothing else has changed in the system although on Monday we had a number of power failures and re-starts.

I went through all the devices and checked the box again.

I have however, created a backup file of the that will hopefully be of use when it happens again.

Comment

Make that 3 times. Noticed yesterday that keypads and some switches were not displaying actual status of controlled device. Went through them all this morning and with the exception of 3 lamplincs, the sync box was unchecked.

Nothing else has changed in the system although on Monday we had a number of power failures and re-starts.

I went through all the devices and checked the box again.

I have however, created a backup file of the that will hopefully be of use when it happens again.
                      Gary,

I'm not sure what to make of this. I just checked several of my devices and they all have the sync still checked. I'm running HS3, but the core plugin code that handles saving ini values is the same between the two plugins.

the backup of the insteon.ini is a good idea. the only downside to restoring it is your device stats will also be rolled back/restored to previous values.

how about this workaround...
                      I'll added an external script method that will allow you to set the 'sync' option of any device. then you can write a simple script to set all the devices at once.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark:

"how about this workaround...
                        I'll added an external script method that will allow you to set the 'sync' option of any device. then you can write a simple script to set all the devices at once. "

As I went through the exercise this morning I actually wondered if that would be possible. I'm not much of an I-T guy so my imagination is often out of sync with reality.

I think that is a great idea. Would actually save a lot of time with one less click per device for someone setting up a system.

I haven't upgraded to V3 yet. I'm not too excited about re-building all the events.

Gary T.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Gary,
                          give this version a try. also attached is a sample script

use the following cmd to run the script

hs.runex("setlinked.vb", "main", Nothing)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mnsandler; October 8, 2014, 04:01 PM.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Script

Thanks Mark. Does the script go into the config folder?

Comment

Thanks Mark. Does the script go into the config folder?
                              All script files go into the scripts folder
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Version

And should the version of the plug-in be 2.0.0.12? After putting them into the config is shows 2.0.0.4.

Comment

Working...
                                X