This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now what about dusk/dawn?

Dusk/dawn messages don't get logged. I had to create an event to do this for my MS gen 1. I've yet to see Dusk/dawn log entries for the MS II. Is this related to the level of debug as well for the MS II ?

I believe we need these log entries all the time for debugging purposes; it gives the ability to go back in time to see behavior or trend. The HS3 device management page only provides the last status of a device.

To be clear, I would like to see logging for any reporting of any of the 8 channels of the MS II.

Now, if you're up to it, the ideal would be to allow user enabling/disabling of logging (not updating the HS3 device management page) for each channel, something like this:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by claude; May 4, 2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      Now, if you're up to it, the ideal would be to allow user enabling/disabling of logging (not updating the HS3 device management page) for each channel, something like this:
      going to pass on this one
      Last edited by mnsandler; May 5, 2017, 02:11 PM.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Currently: Device MS II MS2 (41.5C.CC) sent a heartbeat message.

Proposed: Device MS II MS2 (41.5C.CC) sent a heartbeat message: battery level={full|good|low|almost dead}, temperature=degrees, light level={0-255}

I realize now that a more descriptive logging is a must for debugging.
        i'll make the logging match the original ms, and add this detail to the heartbeat msg
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

all the broadcast msgs from the original MS (and other devices) are logged to the hs log a the Detailed logging level.

However, everything is logged to the instoen error report regardless of logging level setting
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            all the broadcast msgs from the original MS (and other devices) are logged to the hs log a the Detailed logging level.

However, everything is logged to the insteon error report regardless of logging level setting
            As I understand it, Insteon error reports are created when the plugin detects an error or when manually requested from the Insteon plugin Main Config Page. So there is no guaranteed continuous record of all past events with Insteon error reports.

It would be so more intuitive if the logging would be to the HS3 log, as a central repository of all messages.

I understand you decided on not implementing my proposal for selective logging of each channel and I speculate it would involve extensive alteration of the current logic in the plugin. Is that the case? What would persuade you in implementing this? Name the price

Comment

As I understand it, Insteon error reports are created when the plugin detects an error or when manually requested from the Insteon plugin Main Config Page. So there is no guaranteed continuous record of all past events with Insteon error reports.

It would be so more intuitive if the logging would be to the HS3 log, as a central repository of all messages.

I understand you decided on not implementing my proposal for selective logging of each channel and I speculate it would involve extensive alteration of the current logic in the plugin. Is that the case? What would persuade you in implementing this? Name the price
              the level of logging to the hs log depends on your setting in the plugin. if you want Detailed, you will get everything. But most don't wanted 'detailed' level logging to the hs log all the time.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the level of logging to the hs log depends on your setting in the plugin. if you want Detailed, you will get everything. But most don't wanted 'detailed' level logging to the hs log all the time.
                What I'm looking for is the HS3 logging of normal events, while in 'normal' Insteon debug mode, including heartbeats (with details as per my previous post, to which I believe you agreed to implement).

Comment

Guys,
                  any other issues related to the latest beta that supports the MS II?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark, I've had very reliable results. The only weird thing that I see is that when you have a motion powered by USB the battery indicator fluctuates between full and good.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                      Hi Mark, I've had very reliable results. The only weird thing that I see is that when you have a motion powered by USB the battery indicator fluctuates between full and good.
                      thanks for the feedback. Yah, I think I noticed the same on the battery level with the USB
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Guys,
                        any other issues related to the latest beta that supports the MS II?
                        • Same here with the fluctuating battery level (3-4) on USB power
                        • Duplicate Insteon log entries, 1 second apart, not consistent but quite often; I did not do an exhaustive search, but it seems to apply to first and second generation motion sensors, on occupancy sensor messages and dusk/dawn messages (MS I only)
                        • Occupancy Sensor messages get logged but the 'last change' of that device in HS3 does not get updated
                        Last edited by claude; May 11, 2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

What I'm looking for is the HS3 logging of normal events, while in 'normal' Insteon debug mode, including heartbeats (with details as per my previous post, to which I believe you agreed to implement).
                          Mark,

If I'm the only one in need of this logging and the amount of work for you is important, then I would retract my feature request. I've implemented the level of logging I require through events.

Comment

Some specs for the MS II

Apparently, more specs are coming for the MS II. See attached. It may help orient your device.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Same here with the fluctuating battery level (3-4) on USB power
                              • Duplicate Insteon log entries, 1 second apart, not consistent but quite often; I did not do an exhaustive search, but it seems to apply to first and second generation motion sensors, on occupancy sensor messages and dusk/dawn messages (MS I only)
                              • Occupancy Sensor messages get logged but the 'last change' of that device in HS3 does not get updated
                              Bullet three can be changed via an HS setting when you edit the HS device. It's working properly
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Bullet three can be changed via an HS setting when you edit the HS device. It's working properly
                                "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is not checked for the MS II Occupancy sensor and the time stamp still shows yesterday after dozens of logged messages since then.

I'll try another reset and provide detailed logs if the issue persists..

Update - did a reset and now the last changed time stamp gets updated. Doesn't make sense to me that resetting would affect 'last changed', but it did. This MS II turns out for me to be full of surprises
                                Last edited by claude; May 13, 2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X