www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration

HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration General Discussion of HomeSeer's IFTTT Channel

Old February 12th, 2018, 02:17 PM
OverSeer

Huge improvements in IFTTT

You might want to revisit IFTTT. I’m amazed at how quickly my recipes are running now. They have made significant improvements. Geofencing recipes based on the location of my iPhone are fast and accurate. I love it when my HS3 driveway floodlights and porch lights come on when my car approaches the house.

Steve Q
Old February 19th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
...Geofencing recipes based on the location of my iPhone are fast and accurate. I love it when my HS3 driveway floodlights and porch lights come on when my car approaches the house.

Steve Q
I'm new to IFTTT. Is there a good place to visit that gives examples of how to set this up?

In your case, how did you set this up, could you share this?

I'm assuming you have an app running on your iPhone which reports it's location somewhere? A working example would be great.

Thanks
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:04 PM
OverSeer

Yes, there is a free IFTTT app for iPhone or iPad. The app allows you to create “recipes” to automate many things. There are hundreds of sample recipes. You can create recipes to control HS3 devices. The possibilities are huge. But the service is cloud based and in the past the communication with the cloud has been somewhat unreliable. In my opinion, the cloud communication has been greatly improved and now is reliable for most home automation needs.

I use it to control some devices (Lutron light switches) that I cannot control directly with Homeseer.

Steve Q
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Seer Master

Has ifttt haunted anyone’s house yet? I kept having random hue light changes that just started recently until unlinking from ifttt. Oh and what sort of cool recipies are people integrating?
Old February 20th, 2018, 02:48 PM
OverSeer

I have seen a few false device triggers but I was never able to be sure they were from IFTTTT.

My favorite recipe is one that creates an entry in my iOS calendar whenever I go to the fitness center and when I leave.

Steve Q
Old February 21st, 2018, 05:46 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kideon View Post
Has ifttt haunted anyone’s house yet? I kept having random hue light changes that just started recently until unlinking from ifttt. Oh and what sort of cool recipies are people integrating?
My coffee maker tells me at 8pm if it's not set up for the next morning (Wemo Mr Coffee) and then makes it at 5:45.

When my pizza is out for delivery it turns on a couple of LED strips and speaker clients tell everyone. Useful because I have to make sure the dogs are inside the house.

I sync my Hue and Wink lights, LED strips and power strips with HS using IFTTT.

I have it send a text to my wife when I arrive at the grocery store because she always has something to add to the list.

Lots of other non-HS specific stuff to do with social media, backing up photos in multiple places, etc.