polling UPB devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polling UPB devices

I can control my UPB devices from both the status and event tabs just fine with the UPB 1.0.2.5 plug-in. My problem is that the HS2.1 software doesn't seem to know when a light switch status has changed. Does the UPB plug-in both send and receive UPB commands?

I would like to trigger an event when a light switch is turned on or off. How do I get the HS software to automatically poll or listen to the UPB transmittion when a light switch is turned on or off? I soon as I push Poll Devices the HS software picks up the change and executes the event just fine.

Bill

The plug-in watches all the UPB traffic and knows when switches have changed, so long as you have told the switches to do so. Make sure you have the "Report light level changes" or similar option checked in UPStart for your lights. No polling is needed.

Jon

Originally posted by williamwyoung
    I can control my UPB devices from both the status and event tabs just fine with the UPB 1.0.2.5 plug-in. My problem is that the HS2.1 software doesn't seem to know when a light switch status has changed. Does the UPB plug-in both send and receive UPB commands?

I would like to trigger an event when a light switch is turned on or off. How do I get the HS software to automatically poll or listen to the UPB transmittion when a light switch is turned on or off? I soon as I push Poll Devices the HS software picks up the change and executes the event just fine.

Bill
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks for the help - you were right on

Should you get the question again - the UPstart button to click is under options when you are in edit device for a specific light and is a check box entitled "Report light level after rocker switch is pressed" in the Operations section of that tab.

Once that was checked and loaded HS was responding to any changes in the light setting just fine.

Thanks again,

Bill

Comment

Links don't work

I've got an experimental UPB setup consisting of an 8 Button Tabletop Controller, an IO-32 and a UFR switch. The links show up in the Status display along with the devices themselves and I can control them just fine, but when I use the controller or the input fron the IO-32, the links don't change and the input status dosen't change unless I refresh the display. The UFR responds to the controller and the controller responds to a change in the IO-32 input, but HS dosen't respond until I refresh the view. Any suggestions?

Bruce

HS 2.1
        UPB Plugin 1.0.2.7

Comment

Thats's how web applications work. The browser doesn't update unless there is an action on the page (you click something), you refresh the page, or there is an auto-refresh set for the page. It has nothing to do with the plug-in - it is HomeSeer and the web interface.

The state of the devices are changing within HomeSeer. You just don't see them until the page refreshes.

Jon

Originally posted by bruceoboast
          I've got an experimental UPB setup consisting of an 8 Button Tabletop Controller, an IO-32 and a UFR switch. The links show up in the Status display along with the devices themselves and I can control them just fine, but when I use the controller or the input fron the IO-32, the links don't change and the input status dosen't change unless I refresh the display. The UFR responds to the controller and the controller responds to a change in the IO-32 input, but HS dosen't respond until I refresh the view. Any suggestions?

Bruce

HS 2.1
          UPB Plugin 1.0.2.7
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Re: Links don't work

Thanks a lot- it made things clearer.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X