No announcement yet.

Exception in Find_Create_Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I just built a virtual machine with a fresh windows install and fresh homeseer install. The plugin installs and starts fine. I'm not sure what about your setup is causing this to error out, but I'm not giving up yet. I'm going to attempt to create another beta version this time with extra logging during the startup/connect sequence. I'll need your assistance though to gather the information it spits out.

In homeseer there is a checkbox at the very top of the plugin manager called "Developer Mode". Enabling this will cause plugins that get launched to actually spawn a console window so you can see direct output. Once I post the new beta, I'll want you to enable this option and watch for the window to open on the Homeseer desktop. Watch for any messages that get displayed in the HSPI_RadioThermostat console window.

-- Edit --
    Version 1.0.16304.92 posted
    Last edited by kingfetty; October 30, 2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I have installed 1.0.16304.92 as you suggested and enabled it on a developer mode. However, nothing came out on the command prompt Window. Really weird.

Still seeing the following message "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mmagri View Post
        I have installed 1.0.16304.92 as you suggested and enabled it on a developer mode. However, nothing came out on the command prompt Window. Really weird.

Still seeing the following message "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Thanks,

Marcus
        Here try version 1.0.16306.93, I had some code in to have it wait for the debugger to attach that I forgot to comment out before I packaged up and uploaded.

Comment

A bit of good news. I was able to install and start the plugin:

------
          Plugin: RadioThermostat Instance: Starting...
          Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
          Host API Version: 3
          Connected. waiting to be initialized...
          Finished Intializing
          -------

However, tried to add device manually and got the following error message.

Error adding thermostat with IP: 192.168.2.78
          Nov-01 5:19:23 PM Error In URLAction GET: Unable to connect to the remote server

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

A bit of good news. I was able to install and start the plugin:

------
            Plugin: RadioThermostat Instance: Starting...
            Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
            Host API Version: 3
            Connected. waiting to be initialized...
            Finished Intializing
            -------

However, tried to add device manually and got the following error message.

Error adding thermostat with IP: 192.168.2.78
            Nov-01 5:19:23 PM Error In URLAction GET: Unable to connect to the remote server

Thanks,

Marcus
            This error indicates your Homeseer box is unable to talk to the thermometer at that IP address. Since my plugin actually uses the homeseer to send the packets on it's behalf.

Try this to prove/disprove this:

From your homeseer box open a web browser and goto http://192.168.2.78/tstat

You should get a JSON return string like below:

{"temp":74.50,"tmode":2,"fmode":2,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_c ool":75.00,"tstate":0,"fstate":1,"time":{"day":1,"hour":17," minute":36},"t_type_post":0}

If your homeseer box is unable to reach the thermostat then check the ip and make sure it's correct.

Comment

I'm sorry! That was the problem.

I had to reset both thermostats.

It worked now. And the auto-discovery as well.

Thank you so much.

Are you going to make this an official release? I will purchase it right away.

Thanks a lot,

Marcus

Comment

I'm sorry! That was the problem.

I had to reset both thermostats.

It worked now. And the auto-discovery as well.

Thank you so much.

Are you going to make this an official release? I will purchase it right away.

Thanks a lot,

Marcus
                If there are no further issues, I will disable the extra logging and push to release immediately.

Comment

It seems to be working great now. Thanks again!

Comment

Release pushed.

Comment

Cant get anything out of this plugin

I've tried to use this program through various versions for a few months now with zero success. I did a complete uninstall (I think) and reinstalled the latest version. This is on a HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297 unit.

When I go to Plug-Ins -> RadioThermostat -> RadioThermostat Configuration
                      all I get is a box to "Manually Add Device: IP Address:"
                      I enter the static LAN IP of my Filtrete Radio Thermostat and press submit. The address shows in the box but that's it. If I leave the Config window and come back the box is blank.

There's absolutely nothing else to this page or setup. What am I missing? Soooo frustrating!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyb514 View Post
                        I've tried to use this program through various versions for a few months now with zero success. I did a complete uninstall (I think) and reinstalled the latest version. This is on a HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297 unit.

When I go to Plug-Ins -> RadioThermostat -> RadioThermostat Configuration
                        all I get is a box to "Manually Add Device: IP Address:"
                        I enter the static LAN IP of my Filtrete Radio Thermostat and press submit. The address shows in the box but that's it. If I leave the Config window and come back the box is blank.

There's absolutely nothing else to this page or setup. What am I missing? Soooo frustrating!!!
                        Sorry about the frustration.

A few questions/statements for you so I can help you get squared away.
                        • The plugin is designed to auto-discover the thermostats for you, the manual add is just there for if your thermostat is on a different network than the homeseer computer.
                        • If neither option is working, the thermostat is likely hung or not responding.
                        • Attempt the following http://thermostatIP/tstat and see if you get a return in your browser.
                        • Check to make the IP address of the thermostat still correct and has not changed.
                        • Try resetting the thermostat, open the top panel and push the reset button on the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                          Sorry about the frustration.

A few questions/statements for you so I can help you get squared away.
                          • The plugin is designed to auto-discover the thermostats for you, the manual add is just there for if your thermostat is on a different network than the homeseer computer.
                          • If neither option is working, the thermostat is likely hung or not responding.
                          • Attempt the following http://thermostatIP/tstat and see if you get a return in your browser.
                          • Check to make the IP address of the thermostat still correct and has not changed.
                          • Try resetting the thermostat, open the top panel and push the reset button on the left side.
                          tstat is working fine. I've changed it from DHCP to static, manage it via my mobile apps and the web, and I've restarted it many times. cant seem to find any documentation or details about how the HS plugin works though and how to troubleshoot. Also shouldn't the manual work as well? Why does the IP disappear after I submit and close the page?

Comment

tstat is working fine. I've changed it from DHCP to static, manage it via my mobile apps and the web, and I've restarted it many times. cant seem to find any documentation or details about how the HS plugin works though and how to troubleshoot. Also shouldn't the manual work as well? Why does the IP disappear after I submit and close the page?
                            There is an internal function within the plugin that takes an IP address and queries that IP Address for values using HTTP. (example: http://192.168.1.100/tstat). When you do the manual add it simply calls this function and then passes the IP address you stated to that function. If for some reason your HomeSeer box is unable to visit the http address of the thermostat then when it queries that it will return nothing and then the plugin will not create any devices as it cannot communicate with the thermostat.

Also, there is an internal timer, that fires every 30 seconds. This timer sends out a multicast discovery message to all the thermostats. If any thermostats respond it compares the IP address that comes back with any thermostats that have already been added to homeseer. If it's not in the homerseer already then it will pass the IP address to the above mentioned function.

The bottom line here is, it appears that your homeseer box is unable to talk to the thermostat for some reason. Check things like firewall, etc. Try pinging from the homeseer box. If the homeseer box is windows try web browsing. If this homeseer box is linux try using wget.

If you're unable to do this, try installing a temporary homeseer on your desktop and test the plugin from there.

What I'm trying to say is if the plugin doesn't get the http json results back it will act just like you are saying.

If you would like, I can setup a time with you via private messaging to setup a debug version of the plugin and work with you 1 on 1 to see if we can find the issue.

I will say I've seen this issue 3 times myself and several times from other users. In all cases the issue was the thermostat was hung and not responding to the homeseer box.

Let me know if you have interest in the troubleshooting session, if you do, shoot me a private message and we'll figure out a time.

Comment

Long time out, but had some big progress today.

As of this AM I finally have my radio thermostat talking to the Homeseer plugin!

But the small/big problem that I have now is that it appears that I'm missing a critical child device. Specifically I can see the master device and 7 child devices. But I'm missing the one titled "Cool Setpoint". Considering that I live in south FL and really need to adjust the cool temp this is a must feature. I dont know if it was never present or somehow got removed in the past, but how to I get it back?

Thanks!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Long time out, but had some big progress today.

As of this AM I finally have my radio thermostat talking to the Homeseer plugin!

But the small/big problem that I have now is that it appears that I'm missing a critical child device. Specifically I can see the master device and 7 child devices. But I'm missing the one titled "Cool Setpoint". Considering that I live in south FL and really need to adjust the cool temp this is a must feature. I dont know if it was never present or somehow got removed in the past, but how to I get it back?

Thanks!
                                It gets created on the initial add if the thermostat doesn't already exist in Homeseer. I'm guessing it got deleted somehow. The best way to handle this would be to delete the Thermostat parent and child devices then re-add. If the thermostat is now communicating ok with Homeseer it will likely find the thermostat automatically shortly after you delete the existing. If it doesn't you can use the manual add method previously mentioned.

Keep me in the loop on your progress here.

Comment

Working...
                                X