Nice update to BLControl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice update to BLControl!

Been working with Bob (blade) on the NFC Tags portion of BLControl. I think he created a winner! Now as long as the phone is unlocked it can read NFC tags and from there the sky is the limit. If you haven't tried NFC stickers, now is the time to look them up! You can buy them real cheap on eBay or Amazon.

This is a sample of what I do with it using NFC Stickers and my cell phone. Simply unlock the phone and swipe across the Sticker, BLControl will read the Sticker, send the keywords to HS and will run any events tied to it.

* Sticker inside back door...Scan it when leaving, sets the house to empty. Turns off all lights, TV, Stereo equipment and sets alarm.

* Sticker outside back door...Scan it when coming home, turns off the alarm, then turns on lights if needed based on time of day, lighting conditions.

* Sticker at top of basement stairs...toggles all lights in basement on/off

* I have some in drawers in the kitchen that are away from the switches and not in reach of the tablet. Put them anywhere you normally stand that doesn't have a convenient way to do something (lighting, etc.). My phone is almost always in my pocket, just take it out and scan the sticker.

* No need to create all new events, have BLControl tie the stickers to existing events.

Would love to hear how others are using NFC Stickers!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave
Working...
X