Removing "zones"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing "zones"

I'm not a programmer, but want to only show a few of the "zones" in HS. Can you provide recommended method used to remove one or more of the "zones" from Status Display page?

The plugin regenerates the devices (zones) each time it is started, this is so any name changes that are read in from the ini file can be processed. So even if you deleted any of the devices, they would just be created again, the next time the plugin was started.

Depending on wether the dBase.csv is loaded or just the data.csv, the plugin creates far more (72) devices when the dBase.csv is being used as opposed to 38 devices.

Why are you wanting to limit the devices ?
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

You could put some code in the StartUp script that would:

> Wait for Homeseer to complete startup

> Loop through the devices, and set the specific ones you do not want displayed as not visible.

Let me know if you need help doing this.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        You could put some code in the StartUp script that would:

> Wait for Homeseer to complete startup

> Loop through the devices, and set the specific ones you do not want displayed as not visible.

Let me know if you need help doing this.

tenholde
        The plugin does currently wait for HS to complete it's load before timers are activated that perform the polling...that being said, and I won't promise anything, can you give me some ideas and I will consider the impact-benefit to the code.

Thx.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Reason for zone removal

Right now I only want a few of them to show in the status list. When I remove them using the delete from list, the return each time I restart HS. So I thougth I would just us only those that I want to show as status items.

(I'm using the "Delete Selected Items" option on the status list items.)

If those that are deleted using this mechanism return on restart, that appears to be the problem?

Comment

Instead of deleting them (and having them reinstated upon startup), how about just hiding them?

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Seems like a lot of work, for a single request, and I do not see any value in it! Most people want the data imported into HS.

Besides the device views are organized into groups, so you view only VWS devices or only some other plugin's devices at any given time, unless to you select "ALL".

I am still at a loss why this would be such a problem.
              Last edited by lpitman; January 18, 2008, 08:57 AM.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
              X