Harmony plugin for Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the last part of this conversation

I have converted my JsonConfigForHomekit plugin to be Linux compatible and let me see if I can make it happen for this one too.

I lack Linux knowledge, see I might need some help from kkkk

For starters how do I compile a C++ project for Linux with .Net?
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks to kkkk, the plugin is now supported on Linux systems.

Because there are several types of Linux, I want to ask you to contact me directly to help you get it working on your Linux environment.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I am using the standard off the shelf HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller with the software installed from the Plug-In module. I ran into problems. The executable was not being seen by Linux. Just required a CHMOD to fix. i.e.
        Code:
        cd /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/
        sudo chmod +x harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe
        ...and now it appears I am in business.

Thanks to Rien to the speedy pointer. Just thought I would add this post to refer you to http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179805 if anyone else has similar issues.

Comment

Ya, I did that. Had to do it just to get this far. I'm pretty sure debug output was on when I posted my original logs, but I'll double check when I get home tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had some trouble getting the plugin to work on a RPi2 with Ubuntu Mate, but now it does.
            It seems that the harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe that comes installed with Riens Plugin, is not for RPi2. I downloaded the code form SourceForge, applied kkkk's patch and compiled it on the RPi2. There was another error which stated that the plugin couldn't find the harmonyhubcontrol exe. In stead of harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe, the plugin asked for harmonyhubcontrol.exe_linux
            I made a copy of the exe and named it just that. Now it's working like a charm.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on getting it. I'm now detecting devices and activities on RPi2, but I'm still not getting specific actions on devices.

I get errors like

Feb-28 2:26:51 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Harmony Hub: Object reference not set to an instance of an object-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

I'll keep poking around, trying to find the null object.

Comment

i found the issue. i missed a return statement in the patch, so it was returning a null string from toShort instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                  i found the issue. i missed a return statement in the patch, so it was returning a null string from toShort instead.

Sorry for the late response. I am traveling this week.

Glad you got it working. I had to investigate RPi version, but didn't had the time.
                  Is it possible you sent me the .exe. Please use the email adres mentioned in the documentation.

Thanks.
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Is this Linux compatible now?
                    I do not think I saw it in the updater for Linux last night but I could be wrong.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Yes it does support Linux!!
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Could I check if the plugin supports the Zee S2? Thanks!

Comment

I can't seem to get the plugin to detect my devices. I filled in the details under Hub 1 and also used the following code after i used Putty to SSH into my Zee s2:

Code:
                          My log states this:

Jul-07 11:57:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:56:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:55:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:54:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:53:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:52:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:51:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:50:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:49:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:48:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:47:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:46:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:45:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:44:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:43:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:43:05 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -
                          Jul-07 11:42:25 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                          But it doesn't seem to detect any devices when I go to the Harmony Hub Devices Page. Could anyone help? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eoura View Post
                            I can't seem to get the plugin to detect my devices. I filled in the details under Hub 1 and also used the following code after i used Putty to SSH into my Zee s2:

Code:
                            My log states this:

But it doesn't seem to detect any devices when I go to the Harmony Hub Devices Page. Could anyone help? Thanks!
                            I have this same problem on a new pi3 install and can;t get anything to show up along with same error in logs. Any news or updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              I have this same problem on a new pi3 install and can;t get anything to show up along with same error in logs. Any news or updates on this?
                              Hi Guys,

I solved the issue with the PI

I am learning more and more about Linux. I recompiled the exe file I need to get the status of the HarmonyHub. I had already a linux version but this one was for x86 and the PI has a ARM cpu.
                              People who can't wait can ping me for a standalone file, but I will be looking for a way to determine HS is running on a PI
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                                Hi Guys,

I solved the issue with the PI

I am learning more and more about Linux. I recompiled the exe file I need to get the status of the HarmonyHub. I had already a linux version but this one was for x86 and the PI has a ARM cpu.
                                People who can't wait can ping me for a standalone file, but I will be looking for a way to determine HS is running on a PI

Any update on this error I'm getting?

Oct-26 6:57:30 PM Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X