Plug-ins will not restart when they crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-ins will not restart when they crash

I have a problem that occasionally a plug-in crashes---when it does (and this occurs with at least two different plug-ins) the system displays a modal pop-up saying something to the effect of a problem has occurred. Do you want to send an error report.

As far as Homeseer is concerned, the plug-in is still active (i.e. the process is still in memory) so it does not attempt to restart it. It knows something is amiss (there are messages in the log that the plug-in is not responding), but I must manually dismiss the dialog box before the plug-in will restart.

I also (once or twice quite some time ago) had the same thing happen with Homeseer itself---and again it wouldn't restart until I manually cleared the dialog box.

Is there some system setting somewhere that I am missing that will resolve this issue? This is running on a Hometroller S4 box (so Windows XP embedded).

Go to Control Panel > Action Center > Change Action Center settings > Problem Reporting Settings, and choose "Never check for solutions"

This should avoid the popup.

EDIT: this is on windows 7, not sure about windows XP

Comment

at the end of the following link there is a method to disable error reporting on XP
      http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7863/...and-windows-7/

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Go to Control Panel > Action Center > Change Action Center settings > Problem Reporting Settings, and choose "Never check for solutions"

This should avoid the popup.

EDIT: this is on windows 7, not sure about windows XP
        I've tried this before on XP and unfortunately it just gives a different pop-up that still must be acknowledged

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks---found the instructions for XP (right click on My Computer, select properties. On the advanced tab select error reporting. Hopefully this will solve the problem for me---time will tell.

Comment

Working...
          X