Auxiliary Heat device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auxiliary Heat device

Would it be possible to add a new device to indicate if the auxiliary/emergency heat mode of the Nest is on? This is in the json as 'is_using_emergency_heat'.

It would be useful for me to track the two stages of my heat pump separately, as emergency heat is much more expensive.

Thanks for considering.
    Paul

I have added an "Emergency Heat" device in version 3.0.0.30, available in the beta section of the updater

Comment

Awesome, thank you for the quick response! Less than 24 hours and it's already there!

I installed the updated plugin and see the device created. The only issue I saw was that by default, the new Emergency Heat device is not given the 'Nest' Location 1 label like the other devices. It was just left blank. I updated it to be the same as my other Nest devices and it's all good.

Thanks again!
      - Paul

Comment

Hi Spud,

Unfortunately the Emergency Heat device has never updated. All other values from the thermostat are.

If there's any info I can provide to help debug let me know.

Thanks,
        pk

Comment

Originally posted by pkdotnet View Post
          Hi Spud,

Unfortunately the Emergency Heat device has never updated. All other values from the thermostat are.

If there's any info I can provide to help debug let me know.

Thanks,
          pk
          Ooops after review it turns out I forgot to add a piece of code. It's fixed in version 3.0.0.31 available in beta section of the updater.

If you still have a problem with .31, please capture a debug log when the emergency heat is supposed to be On, on your Nest. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X