This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPhone Source

At some point the support for HSPhone will be removed from the HomeSeer Software. Some have asked for the source to maybe create a plugin. The source is posted here.

Notes on the source:

These files are pulled from the main source so for sure it will not compile without some work. With this code you should be able to create a plugin that will interact with the way2call device, (and PCI modem), by detecting off hook, answering calls, etc. The VR will be an issue as I don't believe all the code is there to take the audio from the phone and process it through the Windows VR system. If you get that far I might be able to pull more source that does some of this. I don't have a problem adding some hooks into HS3 if needed in order to integrate some of the functionally. Originally, HSPhone was going to be a plugin for HS3 but we decided it was too much work.

It references a third party audio dll from:

http://www.exceletel.com/

(which is already installed with HS3)

There is also another DLL named hsaudio2.dll which I believe is still referenced and does some audio handling. That is our DLL and I can give you the source if you want. That was written in VB6 as .net could not do what was needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rjh; February 27, 2018, 11:38 AM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rich, I'm using it and I guess many other, should we wait until someone creates a plugin before you remove it completely?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

It will not be removed from HS3, but for sure it will be removed from HS4 (has been already). Given that HS4 does not have a schedule yet, it will be quite a while before we remove it from a released product.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Rich, I'm using it and I guess many other, should we wait until someone creates a plugin before you remove it completely?

Comment

Alternative to HS Phone

Rich, CallClerk (http://www.callclerk.com/) might be a good, very cost-effective replacement for HS Phone. Perhaps you could chat with its author, Mr. Rob Latour, to see if the features and hooks built into his software could be integrated with HS. It already appears to support scripting and the waytocall modem (and several others.) It also might even be able to run on the same computer with HS.

Comment

HSphone will be eliminated?

How come?

Will there be anything in its place?

As it is I can't find a Way2call if my unit goes on the fritz, does that mean that
          Homeseer will not be able to
          1) keep a list of all my calls?
          2) announce callers?

and all the other things I rely on HSphone to do?

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post
            HSphone will be eliminated?

How come?

Will there be anything in its place?

As it is I can't find a Way2call if my unit goes on the fritz, does that mean that
            Homeseer will not be able to
            1) keep a list of all my calls?
            2) announce callers?

and all the other things I rely on HSphone to do?

Both BLNetCallerID and UltraCID can keep a list of callers and announce callers. I personally use UltraCID.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by telewizard13 View Post
              Rich, CallClerk (http://www.callclerk.com/) might be a good, very cost-effective replacement for HS Phone. Perhaps you could chat with its author, Mr. Rob Latour, to see if the features and hooks built into his software could be integrated with HS. It already appears to support scripting and the waytocall modem (and several others.) It also might even be able to run on the same computer with HS.
              Looking at this, I think with a few hooks into HS, it could replace all the functionality of my current HSPhone system.

I'd be willing to buy a copy and beta test if someone wanted to write a plugin.
              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
                Looking at this, I think with a few hooks into HS, it could replace all the functionality of my current HSPhone system.

I'd be willing to buy a copy and beta test if someone wanted to write a plugin.
                I tested it using a Way2Call and found several features missing that would prevent it from being a complete replacement for HSphone. Below is my e-mail exchange with the developer. Bottom-line is that he's not willing to consider the changes "unless its going to be of good use to a large number of people".
                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Finally, for HS4 will we have to look for plugins or you will find any substitution for this system?

Comment

HSPhone will be removed going forward, there is absolutely no interest in integrating old POTS lines with an automation system. We know this since our support only worked with the Way2call unit and we sold maybe 2 in 2 years. So the only users of this are some of our older users from HS2. I have given out the source and posted it, but I don't think anyone is interested in working on this.

Originally posted by david12 View Post
                    Finally, for HS4 will we have to look for plugins or you will find any substitution for this system?

Comment

I do not think it is a true statement
                      1) I use the normal line from Verizon, I'm sure Comcast provides the same.
                      2) i see many people asking for this feature or improvement. Although they may not buy from you, there are other places that they may buy from. Before you remove this feature, a statistic could be appropriate.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                        I do not think it is a true statement
                        1) I use the normal line from Verizon, I'm sure Comcast provides the same.
                        2) i see many people asking for this feature or improvement. Although they may not buy from you, there are other places that they may buy from. Before you remove this feature, a statistic could be appropriate.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

Everyone I know is dumping landlines and just using their cellphone. Same with me.

Then maybe add features to the new mobile app that are similar to HSPhone? Having HS announce who's calling is great. Currently I'm using UltraCID but as you say, land lines are going to way of the dodo.
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

As one rural user with no cell tower in sight, I still rely on landline when home. I can appreciate Rich's position, but man, it would be great if someone could pick this up.

I was hoping that someone could also find a way of tying cell phones to HomeSeer via WiFi or Bluetooth.

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                            Then maybe add features to the new mobile app that are similar to HSPhone? Having HS announce who's calling is great. Currently I'm using UltraCID but as you say, land lines are going to way of the dodo.
                            Don

Comment

Here still utilize it for a combo of one copper line, two VOIP lines and one cellular line which end up going to multiline Panasonic wireless phones.

Here shut off / forward my cellular number to the house when home. There are cellular phone bluetooth cradles to analog devices.

That said I would agree to a group effort of creating an HSPhone autonomous plugin and the ability to utilize multiple W2C boxes.

That said the Homeseer 2 HSPhone had more features than the Homeseer 3 HSPhone has today.

Would it be possible to get the source code from Homeseer 2 HSPhone such that more features could be added to the autonomous HSPhone HS3 plugin?
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X