Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    423 is doing the same thing, it just is not logging the message. This means you are dropping events to plugins. Can you disable your plugins one at a time to find out which plugin is generating all the callbacks? I cannot think of any reason you should be getting so many. A callback should only be made if something in your system changes like a device.

I guess I need to add a logging option that logs all callbacks so we can see what is causing this.
    There are two plugins that cause this. If I disable them, the messages stop, if I enable either of them, the messages start back up again. The two plugins are RFXCom and EasyTrigger. I am not actively using EasyTrigger, and I'm in the process of phasing out RFXCom, so I will stay on .435 and leave them disabled.

Bill

Comment

Good information, I can load those plugins and see what is going on.

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
      There are two plugins that cause this. If I disable them, the messages stop, if I enable either of them, the messages start back up again. The two plugins are RFXCom and EasyTrigger. I am not actively using EasyTrigger, and I'm in the process of phasing out RFXCom, so I will stay on .435 and leave them disabled.

Bill
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Good information, I can load those plugins and see what is going on.
        Add Device History to that list, especially if you have a lot of data stored.

Z

Comment

Just installed the Windows 10 1803 update that landed today and it looks like it breaks HS3 TTS voice selection system.

1) All TTS are defaulting to Microsoft David voice.
          2) All other listed voices work inside of windows 10 and Defaults "stick".
          3) <voice required="name = Microsoft Mark"> syntax no longer works in HS events.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

423 is doing the same thing, it just is not logging the message. This means you are dropping events to plugins. Can you disable your plugins one at a time to find out which plugin is generating all the callbacks? I cannot think of any reason you should be getting so many. A callback should only be made if something in your system changes like a device.

I guess I need to add a logging option that logs all callbacks so we can see what is causing this.
            Rich,
            One thing that can cause a lot of callbacks is having timers running. Since you added a device representing each timer, the device's value and string are updated every second when the timer is running.

Comment

Bill
              Thanks Bill. I was wondering if I should upgrade now that I will have time. However, I do use both of those plugins. So I guess I'll be sitting tight until they're straightened out.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                Rich,
                One thing that can cause a lot of callbacks is having timers running. Since you added a device representing each timer, the device's value and string are updated every second when the timer is running.
                It looks like that was it. I disabled the option and deleted all the timer devices (I have over 60 timers). I've enabled both of those plugins and so far so good. Thanks!

Bill

Comment

It looks like that was it. I disabled the option and deleted all the timer devices (I have over 60 timers). I've enabled both of those plugins and so far so good. Thanks!

Bill
                  Sorry just to try and understand the issue further, .435 creates a device representing each timer you have created? Which option did you disable?

I want to update to .435 but will be travelling in a month and need a stable environment - I'm still on .318. I have a few timers setup.

Thanks,
                  Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                    Just installed the Windows 10 1803 update that landed today and it looks like it breaks HS3 TTS voice selection system.

1) All TTS are defaulting to Microsoft David voice.
                    2) All other listed voices work inside of windows 10 and Defaults "stick".
                    3) <voice required="name = Microsoft Mark"> syntax no longer works in HS events.
                    Probably not related to this thread, but.....

"Audio preferences per app

"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/30/1...eatures-review
                    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                    Home Assistant 2024.3
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

[QUOTE=ewkearns;1363988]Probably not related to this thread, but.....

"Audio preferences per app

"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/30/1...eatures-review[/QUOTE

All I get is this (RDP)? If someone else has the update installed and can log into their machine via the console can you see if you have other options.

Attached Files
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        Sorry just to try and understand the issue further, .435 creates a device representing each timer you have created? Which option did you disable?

I want to update to .435 but will be travelling in a month and need a stable environment - I'm still on .318. I have a few timers setup.

Thanks,
                        Robert
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

You're right. Thanks Randy for that. I've had them deselected on the device page as well... Good to know.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                            You're right. Thanks Randy for that. I've had them deselected on the device page as well... Good to know.

Robert
                            So disabling the setting and deleting the devices does not delete the actual counters/timers, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                              So disabling the setting and deleting the devices does not delete the actual counters/timers, correct?
                              That is correct. I actually did one just to be sure before I did the rest.

Comment

Not sure if this is for this thread as a bug or not but the new plugin management system for updater submissions (which is a great step BTW thanks) does not point the release information in the updater to the correct web page (I am talking about the link to release info on each plugin), it points to /interfaces in the HS web server rather then the correct URL specified when the plugin is submitted.

Comment

Working...
                                X