WD200+ humm buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD200+ humm buzz

I am experiencing a buzz/humm from the switch it's self. I've had the issues with bulbs before, labeled dimmable, but always hummed.
    My current lamp has 6 9w LEDs in them that are older but worked with another mechanical dimmer...
    I also notice I have the issue others have with the 100+, dimming range is only 20to50%

Is there a new firmware soon for the 200+? If not, what daylight (5k temp) 60to100w equivalent LEDs that work with HS and no humming or buzzing from the bulbs or the switch?

Thanks
    Marc

Originally posted by marcusone View Post
    I am experiencing a buzz/humm from the switch it's self. I've had the issues with bulbs before, labeled dimmable, but always hummed.
    My current lamp has 6 9w LEDs in them that are older but worked with another mechanical dimmer...
    I also notice I have the issue others have with the 100+, dimming range is only 20to50%

Is there a new firmware soon for the 200+? If not, what daylight (5k temp) 60to100w equivalent LEDs that work with HS and no humming or buzzing from the bulbs or the switch?

Thanks
    Marc
    What bulb type are your 9w LEDs (A19, BR30, etc)? I've noticed that the bulb types even within the same manufacturer have different results. For instance, CREE BR30s have no buzz, but their newest A19s (which explicitly say "no buzz, no humm") absolutely do buzz (and the reviews on websites confirm the problem). The only line I've found that has consistent performance across all bulb types is the Philips "warm glow" line (literally tried almost all bulb types), but my wife hates the warm glow color, so out of luck there.

Comment

Originally posted by rsonedecker View Post
      What bulb type are your 9w LEDs (A19, BR30, etc)? I've noticed that the bulb types even within the same manufacturer have different results. For instance, CREE BR30s have no buzz, but their newest A19s (which explicitly say "no buzz, no humm") absolutely do buzz (and the reviews on websites confirm the problem). The only line I've found that has consistent performance across all bulb types is the Philips "warm glow" line (literally tried almost all bulb types), but my wife hates the warm glow color, so out of luck there.
      A firmware update is due out any day that will allow you to go below the 20% dim rate.

Comment

Working...
      X