No announcement yet.

Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded plugin. All looks great. Have not tested leaving or returning home. If I remember correctly this is only working for Home and Away? Yes? Will update when we move around. Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Loaded plugin. All looks great. Have not tested leaving or returning home. If I remember correctly this is only working for Home and Away? Yes? Will update when we move around. Great Job!
      Yes at the moment it only supports Home/Away but in the display it does update the Display String with whatever Location defined as Life360 Place or Address if it's an unknown place. The trick is to use that as a value for events. It's possible, but messy working with the "Any value" type stuff... maybe in a future update.

The last release supports dynamic Life360 members. So if you're a first time Life360 user and all of your "members" are not currently in Life360 the Plugin will add new people as they are discovered. Currently requires a Plugin Reload. I have some ideas around adding a button to do this etc. But I can't add ALL features into the first Beta!

I need to look into getting a sub-forum setup for this.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        Yes at the moment it only supports Home/Away but in the display it does update the Display String with whatever Location defined as Life360 Place or Address if it's an unknown place. The trick is to use that as a value for events. It's possible, but messy working with the "Any value" type stuff... maybe in a future update.

The last release supports dynamic Life360 members. So if you're a first time Life360 user and all of your "members" are not currently in Life360 the Plugin will add new people as they are discovered. Currently requires a Plugin Reload. I have some ideas around adding a button to do this etc. But I can't add ALL features into the first Beta!

I need to look into getting a sub-forum setup for this.

So you are saying to use Any Value, Home, Away in an event and it will trigger the event based on Home/Away and/or it not knowing that Place. But we won't know exactly which Place it is referring to? Both my wife and I show up with all the child devices. We have several Places defined so we will have to wait until you include that feature, correct?

Comment

So you are saying to use Any Value, Home, Away in an event and it will trigger the event based on Home/Away and/or it not knowing that Place. But we won't know exactly which Place it is referring to? Both my wife and I show up with all the child devices. We have several Places defined so we will have to wait until you include that feature, correct?
          That's the tricky part to the whole "Any value". Currently just Home/Away should work.

Comment

That is very odd. What's your system specs? Windows or Linux and What browser? I have not been able to reproduce as long as I click on submit. If I just hit enter then the value is not saved.
            My system:

Current Date/Time: 13/05/2018 18:36:18
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
            System Uptime: 1 Day 6 Hours 55 Minutes 57 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.50.55
            Number of Devices: 459
            Number of Events: 161
            Available Threads: 800
            HSTouch Enabled: True
            Event Threads: 0
            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
            Device Exec Queue: 0
            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
            Email Send Queue: 0
            Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.40.0: BLLAN
            1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
            2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
            4.8.6.0: BULLET
            0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
            0.0.1.12: Life360
            3.0.0.69: mcsXap
            3.0.0.14: NetCAM
            30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
            5.0.2.0: SCREPOSITORY
            3.0.0.44: X10
            0.0.0.11: Yeelight 3P
            3.0.1.210: Z-Wave

Browser : Windows Edge

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
              My system:

Browser : Windows Edge

Jean-Francois.
              Everything seems normal except the Browser. I have NOT tested with that browser. Although it should work as I'm not doing anything special with the Web page using default standard HS3 form. I'll run a test today with using Windows Edge. I may be slower to respond today... busy with it being Mother's Day.

Comment

I just fixed a bug where the Location String wasn't updating properly if Location was Home. This is fixed if someone else notices. I'll have a new release out later today.

Comment

A few things I have noticed. Does the app have to be actually open to get any readings from someone's phone that is moving. My wife went out to visit parents and I was talking with her on the phone and the child device showed 29 mph but she said she was going 65.

Also wifi shows it is 'on' in the child device but she said her phone says 4G LTE.

Noticed that the advancement of the person's icon on the road shows large jumps in position after a certain amount of time (10-15 sec) instead of a semi-steady movement.

Hope this helps.

Comment

A few things I have noticed. Does the app have to be actually open to get any readings from someone's phone that is moving. My wife went out to visit parents and I was talking with her on the phone and the child device showed 29 mph but she said she was going 65.

Also wifi shows it is 'on' in the child device but she said her phone says 4G LTE.

Noticed that the advancement of the person's icon on the road shows large jumps in position after a certain amount of time (10-15 sec) instead of a semi-steady movement.

Hope this helps.
                    The plugin does not have anything to do with the Phone App. I pull information directly from the Life360 website through their API. Whatever the Phone is reporting to Life360 is what I'm pulling.

There are problems with the Life360 service at times where there is Lag between when the Phone App sends an update to Life360. Unfortunately I have no control over that. As you have seen by using the Life360 website the updates sometimes are sporadic.

Wifi can be Enabled and the phone display the 4GLTE or other status on the display showing that you are connected to the Cell network and just not be showing the Wifi Icon on the phone. Wifi is On but may not be connected to a Wifi access point.

Comment

The plugin does not have anything to do with the Phone App. I pull information directly from the Life360 website through their API. Whatever the Phone is reporting to Life360 is what I'm pulling.
                      Yea I didn't word it right. I know what you are saying.

There are problems with the Life360 service at times where there is Lag between when the Phone App sends an update to Life360. Unfortunately I have no control over that. As you have seen by using the Life360 website the updates sometimes are sporadic.
                      I thought so but I thought I would ask.

Wifi can be Enabled and the phone display the 4GLTE or other status on the display showing that you are connected to the Cell network and just not be showing the Wifi Icon on the phone. Wifi is On but may not be connected to a Wifi access point.
                      So you are referring to the fact that the phone itself has wifi turned on?

Also what about the speed not being correct? She traveled quite a ways at the same speed but it still did not change.

Comment

So you are referring to the fact that the phone itself has wifi turned on?
                        Yes. If the Phone has Wifi turn On it reports to Life360. It may not be usable, but it is turned on.

Also what about the speed not being correct? She traveled quite a ways at the same speed but it still did not change.
                        The speed thing may be an issue. I've done a couple revisions around speed because of the way Life360 returns it. Please report additional updates in regards to this and I'll keep an eye when my family members are out and about and see if I can catch it.

Comment

Just one other question. How often does the battery charge device take a reading? Sorry but I just noticed that the location is not showing home on my wife's phone. It still shows about a half mile away from the house but she is home. Been that way for about 20 minutes.

Comment

All devices are updated at the same time. So if the update interval in the config is 1 minute it will update evey minute. How often the app updates to life360 I do not know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

All devices are updated at the same time. So if the update interval in the config is 1 minute it will update evey minute. How often the app updates to life360 I do not know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

According to the app the lowest time for location updates is 15 minutes. I sent a request to the author to see if that can be lowered. Will report back when I hear. Since the app says 15 minutes for reporting then I wonder why the location in the UI still reads the same after an hour. ??

Comment

According to the app the lowest time for location updates is 15 minutes. I sent a request to the author to see if that can be lowered. Will report back when I hear.
                                I've sent requests to Life360 support asking about update intervals before. I've gotten back different answers. From what I've put together....

Updates AT LEAST every 15 minutes. If known location changes it updates upon change. Also I know it updates more often as the LAT/LONG changes during "movement" which is how it calculates speed and "unknown" addresses and how the Online and Phone app map is able to display the movement. There is also a webhook interface that is out there... I say out there as all of the Life360 API is undocumented. The webhook allows a postback to a URL when a location change event happens. I don't have any plans of implementing this function as I don't think it would work with MyHS.

Comment

Working...
                                X