This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drcastro View Post
    I also see my hub info using getinfo, and my devices show up. But the connect.insteon.com interface does not appear to be able to get status of devices, or send any control commands to the hub to turn on/off, etc.
    Same here. Lets hope enough people report issues to Insteon Support that they either provide needed info for API connects or change the firmware again.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      if they have shutdown direct local http/https access to the hub this is going to be a real problem.
      Let's hope for the best (they fix ssl) but prepare for the worst.

What other options do I have to use HomeSeer with my 60+ Insteon devices?

--I just tried setting the app up with Alexa (kinda works) but there is no way to have a HS event trigger an Insteon switch via IFTTT or other intermediary other than your voice.

--The insteon app scenes does not support if-then-else

--I guess I would have to replace and get rid of all my insteon (not desirable and very expensive)

--I applied for an API token and would need to tech myself REST for all my 1-off stuff I cant do natively (that could take months if not years, I am not a programmer)

Any other ideas?

A very common routine I have is:
      --motion detected in HS device (i have napco trigger a device labeled occupancy), that turns on a light if after sunset. without HS ability to control the light, not sure how else to do that

--also when my insteon thermostat comes on, I turn on a fan to distribute the AC. again, no way to know the thermostat is on or turn on the fan

Comment

Originally posted by randy_h View Post
        Same here. Lets hope enough people report issues to Insteon Support that they either provide needed info for API connects or change the firmware again.

randy
        I would recomend everyone open a ticket and send an email to custsvc@smarthome.com

here is what I sent:
        -------
        insteon HUB firmware update broke homeseer 3rd party access - cannot log in locally via http

I contacted insteon support. the 1016 firmware changes the local access of the hub from http to https and required SSL.

this breaks homeseer plugin access and now the automation system is down for hundreds of customers.

A developer need to provide http string access like before in a update for homeseer.com

this thread will explain:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196335
        -------

i got this response:
        -------
        We have received Mark's message and it has been forwarded onto the developer team for review. At this time however I do not have a timeline to provide on any resolution for this.
        -------

Comment

Just sent a similar email myself. My prior support contact was phone only.

randy

Comment

Just submitted a ticket here via email as well.

I have a 2nd hub at home that was out of commission with a bad cap that I fixed some time ago but has been offline as I'd already ordered a new one. I may try and configure my firewall to not allow internet access for that device, then swap hubs and see if I can get back online.

Comment

insteon case

I called Insteon back and opened a case. I will share here what they come back with.

Comment

The IOS Insteon app is working so there has to be an interface of some kind.

Maybe an idea is to trap everything with a network sniffer when talking to the app.

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
                  The IOS Insteon app is working so there has to be an interface of some kind.

Maybe an idea is to trap everything with a network sniffer when talking to the app.
                  Looks like the app communication is done with this "PubNub" service (referenced in the vulnerability post in my previous message) and not directly using HTTP or SSL. Guessing that precludes using a plugin like Mark's to communicate with Hub , unless Mark's plugin could also use PubNub API.

What they need to do is open back up HTTP and or SSL. Looks like a bad SSL implementation done by Insteon.

Comment

Emailed to 'custsvc@smarthome.com' and opened a case at technical SmartHome support.

First level support still had not been made aware of the issue. After referring to level 2, he said only 4-5 clients had called in he issue. I reminded him that here, in North America, the end of working day is still to come. They're likely to get a deluge of calls (hopefully).

I know the Android Insteon app works. When I get a chance, I'll do a network trace to see how they communicate.

Comment

I emailed them as well. They never returned my Tier 2 call from this morning. Surprise. I told them, which is true, I am in the design of a new house and was going to use Insteon for the new house almost everywhere, but this makes me really question if that is a good idea.

Comment

Comment

I have added my voice to those complaining, not sure it will help.

Comment

guys,
                            i got an email from my smarthome contact.
                            they implemented TLS 1.0 temporarily secure the unit. They plan to release another update in the 'near future' with TLS 1.2.

i might be able to mod the code to fix the temporary issue.

any insight would be appreciated
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              guys,
                              i got an email from my smarthome contact.
                              they implemented TLS 1.0 temporarily secure the unit. They plan to release another update in the 'near future' with TLS 1.2.

i might be able to mod the code to fix the temporary issue.

any insight would be appreciated
                              Thanks for the info update, Mark. I wish I could contribute, but alas I can not.

randy

Comment

When I went into my router settings to look into adding an ACL, I discovered that I'm already filtering connect.insteon.com from the IP of my hub. I'm assuming that's what shielded this installation from updating. My firmware on the this hub is 1011.

Comment

Working...
                                X