X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    my contact is in CA and isn't online until 12 or 1 EST

i will see what their approach is

maybe we can send them the insteon IDs to update immediately if they are worried about a mass rollback
    I'm game

49:E0:EA

Comment

Mark:
      Do you know how the hub update process works? Does the hub periodically poll their server for it, or only check at boot? I'd imagine that there is an always-open connection between the server and hub for the cloud services to work without any router config. Is it somehow pushed down thru this? My hub that didn't get the firmware update has never been connected to an account. so maybe that's why it didn't get the update.

Comment

Ok guys I'm back up with Insteon

Still didn't receive the "update" from Insteon, but found that you can force the Insteon hub back to a previous version (in my case, version 1004, but it's not selectable) Follow the following steps:

Restore Insteon Hub Firmware
        •Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
        •Press and hold set button on the rear of Insteon Hub while reconnecting power
        •The moment Insteon Hub begins to beep, release the set button
        •Tap the set button five times. Insteon Hub will beep rapidly and begin the firmware restore process.
        •After three minutes, disconnect Insteon Hub from power. Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect power.
        •Insteon Hub will automatically re-update its firmware at 2AM. You can manually update firmware from the Insteon app by tapping Update Hub from Edit House in Settings.

Now, I need to figure out how to prevent the hub from trying to update itself. If I can do that, I'm back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Mark:
          Do you know how the hub update process works? Does the hub periodically poll their server for it, or only check at boot? I'd imagine that there is an always-open connection between the server and hub for the cloud services to work without any router config. Is it somehow pushed down thru this? My hub that didn't get the firmware update has never been connected to an account. so maybe that's why it didn't get the update.
          I am not sure, but I know on the iphone APP (of course you would need to create an account), if you go to settings/house/update hub, you will get a prompt to check for new updates or force update. I think this is the manual process.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            can someone test https access to the hub using IE11 where TLS 1.0 is the only option set in the advanced security options. if this works, i might be able to update the plugin to force TLS 1.0
            With IE 11 and TLS 1.0 only TLS option checked, I am unable to access Hub. I assumed you meant just turn off other TLS options and not turn off all other options within Security settings.
            Attached Files

Comment

So it worked. I assume you did this last night before 2am and it was up this am?

Here is the KB article that explains it

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...rmware-version

Comment

No, I did it at 6am this morning. Apparently 2am is when it will try to update again. So I have from now until then to figure out how to block the update

Comment

Originally posted by jm11767 View Post
                  No, I did it at 6am this morning. Apparently 2am is when it will try to update again. So I have from now until then to figure out how to block the update
                  cool, good to know.

Comment

Ok guys I'm back up with Insteon

Still didn't receive the "update" from Insteon, but found that you can force the Insteon hub back to a previous version (in my case, version 1004, but it's not selectable) Follow the following steps:

Restore Insteon Hub Firmware
                    •Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
                    •Press and hold set button on the rear of Insteon Hub while reconnecting power
                    •The moment Insteon Hub begins to beep, release the set button
                    •Tap the set button five times. Insteon Hub will beep rapidly and begin the firmware restore process.
                    •After three minutes, disconnect Insteon Hub from power. Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect power.
                    •Insteon Hub will automatically re-update its firmware at 2AM. You can manually update firmware from the Insteon app by tapping Update Hub from Edit House in Settings.

Now, I need to figure out how to prevent the hub from trying to update itself. If I can do that, I'm back in business.
                    Thanks jm - I wasn't sure if that process was just the equivalent of a factory reset using whatever firmware was in place. Nice to know it's a true rollback!

I am monitoring my network to see where the update comes from, but I believe blocking *.insteon.com will do it. That will most likely break the Insteon app from working, but for me that's not a big deal compared to losing HS functionality.

Comment

Oh, and one thing to add:

If you DO reset, and go back to 1004, DON'T try to manually update, or even see if updates are available within the app. You will automatically get updated to 1006, with no option of 1005. And the torture will begin again :-)

Comment

Oh, and one thing to add:

If you DO reset, and go back to 1004, DON'T try to manually update, or even see if updates are available within the app. You will automatically get updated to 1006, with no option of 1005. And the torture will begin again :-)
                        did you mean to say 1016 not 1006?

Comment

Yes, 1016. Sorry

Comment

I have DDWRT on my home router so I've got basic access list functionality. I set up an ACL rule to filter connect.insteon.com, insteon.com and smarthome.com on the IP of the hub. The hub light never turns green, it stays red. But it works from the plugin. I never "activated" this hub with an insteon account. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Comment

just tried the rollback and it did not work for me. maybe I need to delete my account and not have it registered.

Comment

Those of you who have reset you hub to revert firmware. did you have to reassociate all of your devices to the hub?

I just want to know what I'm in for when i call my dad later to walk him thru the process to fix his house.

Comment

Working...
                                X