Homeseer and HomeKit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiously awaiting Apple Homekit support

I'm not interested in a 3rd party solution. I want Homekit integrated into HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by wayneflo View Post
      I'm not interested in a 3rd party solution. I want Homekit integrated into HomeSeer.
      +1

Comment

+1

Comment

If you really want HST to know your desires then your chances are much better using the channel they setup for such requests at Support@homeseer.com email. This message board is for user community support and not the channel to get HST attention.

Comment

Add another vote to the pile

Comment

A lot of homekit compatible devices are being revealed at CES this year. I really wish one of our plugin developers would pick this up and build something. Pretty confident that it would be worth their while for a few reasons:

Siri and remote voice control - this can be accomplished at a basic level via shortcuts when you're on a local LAN but not remotely. That negates simple applications such as Siri I'm coming home and having Homeseer do its thing

Native integration with Homeseer devices and cameras opens up a lot of opportunities including push notifications

Location based interaction

Comment

Ho Kideon,

For tour information, Siri work fine from anywhere.

I can Ask Siri from the office to turn on/off lights.

But for Siri to work from outside your lan, you need either an iPad or AppleTV to act as a hub.
                Last edited by Stef; January 7, 2019, 03:04 PM. Reason: Fix typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Ho Kideon,

For tour information, Siri work fine from anywhere.

I can Ask Siri from the office to turn on/off lights.

But for Siri to work from outside your lan, you need either an iPad or AppleTV to act as a hub.
                  Exactly but without Homekit integration you can't control Homeseer. I do the same and can control my Ecobee and Phillips hue. I'd like to live in the future where I can say hey Siri I'm coming home and have a bunch of stuff happen conditionally based on if I was at the office, out for the night etc. Even better (since I'm single), Hey Siri my guest and I are coming home or Hey Siri I'm not coming home tonight. If I ever get my oven monitored correctly I'll be able to finally stop turning around half the time when I've been cooking to make sure it was turned off just by asking Siri while I'm driving.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

Exactly but without Homekit integration you can't control Homeseer. I do the same and can control my Ecobee and Phillips hue. I'd like to live in the future where I can say hey Siri I'm coming home and have a bunch of stuff happen conditionally based on if I was at the office, out for the night etc. Even better (since I'm single), Hey Siri my guest and I are coming home or Hey Siri I'm not coming home tonight. If I ever get my oven monitored correctly I'll be able to finally stop turning around half the time when I've been cooking to make sure it was turned off just by asking Siri while I'm driving.
                    It’s complicated but I’ve setup Homebridge. I can control everything except my baseboards thermostats from Siri.

Most of the time, I use my Apple Watch to control the lights and audio/vidéo.

Cool to be able to ask Siri to do things.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

But I agree that HS should now be more HomeKit frendly.

Comment

It’s complicated but I’ve setup Homebridge. I can control everything except my baseboards thermostats from Siri.

Most of the time, I use my Apple Watch to control the lights and audio/vidéo.

Cool to be able to ask Siri to do things.

Glad you were able to make it work! I want to get to that place as well but don't want to deal with all of the manual config. Every time something changes then it requires a bunch of work. With the flakiness of 3rd party hardware and platforms that can make a big difference. The time it'll take to get my Magic Mirror config done is enough for me at this point...

Comment

Homebridge was so buggy last year... (if you look on npm site, you will found a plugin for homebridge (homeseer homebridge 2018 or something like that).
                          it is not the plugin that was buggy , it was the homebridge platform.

rjh I, too, would like siri support natively with homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                            Homebridge was so buggy last year... (if you look on npm site, you will found a plugin for homebridge (homeseer homebridge 2018 or something like that).
                            it is not the plugin that was buggy , it was the homebridge platform.

rjh I, too, would like siri support natively with homeseer

Homebridge (and nodejs which is needed to run Homebridge) have improved a lot over the last year. I'm a bit biased as I wrote the plugin (which, for those interested, is described in the Wiki here: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer ), but if you want to give it another try, I think you'll find it much better - it can now be used for days (weeks) without rebooting (perhaps longer - I often have to reboot my machine for other reasons so haven't tried for longer than about 2 weeks). Nonetheless, I would also be happier if that work could be integrated into HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Homebridge (and nodejs which is needed to run Homebridge) have improved a lot over the last year. I'm a bit biased as I wrote the plugin (which, for those interested, is described in the Wiki here: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer ), but if you want to give it another try, I think you'll find it much better - it can now be used for days (weeks) without rebooting (perhaps longer - I often have to reboot my machine for other reasons so haven't tried for longer than about 2 weeks). Nonetheless, I would also be happier if that work could be integrated into HomeSeer.
                              I agree with you. When I first started to use Homebridge, it was crashing frequently and often, it will loose all my devices/rooms configuration.

With the latest version, It stop something but it’s really better and i no longer loose my config.

Wish it work better with the Sinope Thermostat plugin though.

Comment

I agree with you. When I first started to use Homebridge, it was crashing frequently and often, it will loose all my devices/rooms configuration.

With the latest version, It stop something but it’s really better and i no longer loose my config.

Wish it work better with the Sinope Thermostat plugin though.

I just came across this thread after spending this past weekend setting up two instances of Homebridge, both running the homeseer-homebridge-2018 plugin. First of all, thanks to jvm who developed the homeseer plugin for homebridge. I'm running it on a general purpose (i.e. Swiss army knife) Ubuntu 18.04 server system.

Hopefully, I'll get some time this week to do a write up but here's a summary:

1. Created a user called "homebridge".
                                2. Created directories called .homebridge1 and .homebridge2.
                                3. Created a config.json file for each instance. Tweaked the "bridge" definition to make each instance unique but left the "platform" definition the same for both.
                                4. Tested the first instance with "homebridge --no-qrcode --user-storage-path /home/homebridge/.homebridge1"
                                5. Repeated for instance .homebridge2.
                                6. Created homebridge1.service and homebridge2.service for systemd control.

Why two instances? One is a bridge for the main house and the other is for the guest house. In some cases, both instances can control the same HS devices.

Feel free to ask questions.

Ken

"if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                                X