No announcement yet.

Reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should have an instruction document in the Docs subfolder of your Homeseer folder. There is a section there that describes adding security devices. It's page 8 in the document I have. You'll need to read through it a couple of times and follow the instructions carefully. I found that the first time it was a bit confusing, but once I understood, it turns out to be pretty easy.

Abridged version to register your MS10: Choose the ACRF plug-in from the Plug-Ins tab, then select the Sec. Devices tab. Then click on the Add button at the bottom. You will get a screen like that below. Select the supervised motion sensor (I'm pretty sure the MS10 is a supervised sensor). Give the device a name and a location that will appear on the device in HS. I have no experience with the MS10, but I assume there is a Test button or something similar. When you are ready, press and release that button, then (after you press the button) tick the box that says 'Auto-fill code...' That should populate the Device ID box with the unique code generated by your MS10.

Once the information on the page is all in place click on the Add button. That should take you back to the previous page where your MS10 will now be listed. You are almost done. There is one more critical step.

BE SURE TO PRESS THE Save Changes BUTTON !!!!!!!!!!!

Warning - This is from memory. Be sure to read the instructions, especially if it doesn't work the first time. (That's how I do it, anyway. )
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      You should have an instruction document in the Docs subfolder of your Homeseer folder. There is a section there that describes adding security devices. It's page 8 in the document I have. You'll need to read through it a couple of times and follow the instructions carefully. I found that the first time it was a bit confusing, but once I understood, it turns out to be pretty easy.

Abridged version to register your MS10: Choose the ACRF plug-in from the Plug-Ins tab, then select the Sec. Devices tab. Then click on the Add button at the bottom. You will get a screen like that below. Select the supervised motion sensor (I'm pretty sure the MS10 is a supervised sensor). Give the device a name and a location that will appear on the device in HS. I have no experience with the MS10, but I assume there is a Test button or something similar. When you are ready, press and release that button, then (after you press the button) tick the box that says 'Auto-fill code...' That should populate the Device ID box with the unique code generated by your MS10.

Once the information on the page is all in place click on the Add button. That should take you back to the previous page where your MS10 will now be listed. You are almost done. There is one more critical step.

BE SURE TO PRESS THE Save Changes BUTTON !!!!!!!!!!!

Warning - This is from memory. Be sure to read the instructions, especially if it doesn't work the first time. (That's how I do it, anyway. )
      Thanks o helping Uncle Mike. I think I understand the steps you outlined and I think that would let the motion sensor interact with Home Seer, but will it be able to interact with the Chime Module in my office?
      I would like it to interact with Home Seer and activate the Chime Module. Don't know if that is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
        I think that would let the motion sensor interact with Home Seer, but will it be able to interact with the Chime Module in my office?
        The only way I know to connect them is through an event. The trigger would be HS receiving a motion alert from the motion sensor. The action would be to send an On command to the chime module.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I found the documentation you referred to. I went over everything and I agree with you, it does seem straightforward. I put batteries in the sensor and tried every conceivable combination of pressing the TEST button or the CODE button trying to get Home Seer to register something. I navigated to the plug-in page on HS.
          As usual, nothing is sim[ple with Home Seer. I have not been able to make any progress getting HS to interact with the MS-10. Thanks for steering me to the right place. IO feel like I am close., I am probably pressing the buttons on the MS-10 in the wrong order or something. I will eat lunch and try again in a while. Thanks.

Comment

Latest screen shot of where I'm at...
            Attached Files

Comment

Another screenshot of the MS-10's status... I feel like I am getting close...
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure that you have a problem. It looks to me like you have successfully added the MS10 as a Homeseer device. What are you not seeing that you expect?

Comment

I'm not sure that you have a problem. It looks to me like you have successfully added the MS10 as a Homeseer device. What are you not seeing that you expect?
                  I am not seeing any activity in the log at all.. As I understand everything, any sort of X10 signal would be reflected in the log, right?

Comment

I am not seeing any activity in the log at all.
                    It may be that the logging level is set to None or the motion sensor activity is not recorded in the log when the logging level is set to Normal. Things to try:
                    • A quick check would be to monitor the Last Change column on the HS Devices page. That should update if the device is working.
                    • You could create a simple event that sounds your chime whenever the sensor goes to alert.
                    • You can also increase the logging level temporarily to see the activity. I recommend that you set it back to normal once you have confirmed whether or not it is working though. Otherwise the log will get pretty big.

To set the logging level, go to the About/Diag page and select Basic Debug logging, then click on Save Changes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

n Good morning Uncle Michael. I will try and attach some screenshots so you can see where I am at. Hopefully you can spot something. Logging is set on Normal and last changed shows activity last night. Maybe when I tried to set it up in Home Seer? Anyways, here goes:
                      I feel like I am real close. That I am just missing something or there is something I just don't know....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Really close now. I created an event in Home Seer where any value change in the MS-10 as managed by the AC-RF2 plug=in will trigger the chime in m y office. The sensor itself is acting a little flaky as far as seeing/not seeing motion but when I press the test button on the back of the sensor, my chime goes off. And when the sensor decides to see motion, it also triggers the chime module.
                        I will keep plugging away at it. Here are some more screen shots of how I had to configure things to get this to work. Even if it is not perfect, I am close. Thanks for your help. Any ideas now?
                        I'm gonna have to break for awhile. The Ravens are playing at the top of the hour...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great. Definitely progress. It sounds like the main problem may be with the MS10 detecting motion. If that's the case I'm not going to be of much help.

You could try posting further questions in the ACRF forum. That might get attention from someone with experience with the MS10.

Comment

Great. Definitely progress. It sounds like the main problem may be with the MS10 detecting motion. If that's the case I'm not going to be of much help.

You could try posting further questions in the ACRF forum. That might get attention from someone with experience with the MS10.
                            That's a good idea. I will check out the AC-RF2 forum. Wanted to thank you again for helping me. In particular, you mentioned that this would be kind of like integrating a DS-10 into the system and then you pointed me toward the gold mine of information....the DOCS folder in the Home Seer HSPRO folder. The info in there helped more than anything.
                            By the way it is working now, detecting motion from a good distance away and generating both log entries and activating the chime in my office.
                            I feel like I am just scratching the surface with all this home automation. OI am learning fast but there is sooo much to learn.
                            Did you mention something about "hacking" a DS-10? What exactly does that mean and what kind of things could a person do with a DS-10?

Comment

Did you mention something about "hacking" a DS-10? What exactly does that mean and what kind of things could a person do with a DS-10?
                              Glad to know it's working.

In response to your question, a DS10 (now DS12) is a contact closure sensor. It's designed for door/window, but folks have been very creative in applying them to other purposes.

If you do a search of the board for 'DS10' you'll probably turn up lots of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X