MS-18 Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-18 Motion Sensor

Well, the MS-10 Motion Sensor is working well. Big thanks to Uncle Michael for pointing me in the right direction.(The excellent DOCS folder in the Home Seer HSPRO folder.) Now I am trying to do the same thing with a MS-18 and I have tried a myriad of combinations and sequences and I have not been able to get it to work with Home Seer. So, once again, anyone have any ideas?

From what I know, the MS18 is a European X-10 device and uses a different frequency (433.92 MHz vs 310 MHz), so unless you have a receiver that can pick up that frequency, it won't work.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      From what I know, the MS18 is a European X-10 device and uses a different frequency (433.92 MHz vs 310 MHz), so unless you have a receiver that can pick up that frequency, it won't work.

Cheers
      Al
      That would explain everything. I configured everything just like the MS10 and it just would not work. I did not know it was European. Thank you for the info.

Comment

NP. If you were thinking about adding wireless sensors to your HS system such as the Oregon Scientific sensors, you could add a receiver such as the RFXCOM RFXrec433 433.92 MHz USB Receiver. It supports European X-10 devices as well so you should be able to get the MS18 working with it.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X