Disabling automation module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling automation module?

I'm moving soon so I've disconnected my HS3 system from my Concord panel. Now the keypad occasionally beeps and says Bus Failure Unit AM1. Any ideas how I can stop that from happening? Do I need to remove the automation module? Do I just disconnect it or do I have to change programming too?

Thanks!

-Mike

Hey Mike,

The Concord panel is looking for a signal so to get the panel to stop beeping you must:

1. Disconnect the AM from the Concord panel. Probably hardwired so you need to remove the 4 wires. (+12VDC, Bus A, Bus B and GND)

*Might be an idea to add a 4 pin quick connect locked behind the panel for times when we need a quick disco?

2. Remove the AM from the panel through programing since it sees the AM and auto-adds it into the panel.

Then it should be quiet again. Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt.

#1 is easy
      #2 I'm not so sure about. Can you tell me how to remove it from the programing? Can I do that from a keypad?

-Mike

Comment

I'm in a similar situation. I believe you will need a special programming keypad also known as an alpha keypad to do any re/programming, as well as the installer programming PIN.

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
          Hey Mike,
          2. Remove the AM from the panel through programing since it sees the AM and auto-adds it into the panel.

Then it should be quiet again. Matt
          Yes, you have to use the keypad. You can grab a copy of the manual for exact steps or try these...

1. 8-4321-0-0 should get you into System Programming (Replace 4321 with your code)
          2. Toggle # or * to get to Accessory Modules
          3. Toggle A or B to get to Bus Devices
          4. Toggle # or * for Unit-ID
          *Here you must know the Unit-Id (located on the AM itself if you don't know)
          5. Change-Id and remove or blank out the ID. (I didn't test this part today but remember something like removing the address/Id.
          6. Exit out

Matt

Comment

When I enter 8 - my code I'm prompted for Enter Command but when I press 0 the 2nd time it beeps and goes back to the date/time screen. My code is the System Master. I don't have the Installer code.

Am I SOL?

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
              When I enter 8 - my code I'm prompted for Enter Command but when I press 0 the 2nd time it beeps and goes back to the date/time screen. My code is the System Master. I don't have the Installer code.

Am I SOL?

-Mike
              It would have to be the Installer Code I believe. From the manual...

You may need to try restting the unit. You can try this but YMMV as it seems it hasn't worked for everyone and careful removing the eprom.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156326

...Installer code

Shortcut: 0001
              Default: 4321

The four-digit installer code is used for entering program mode and changing system settings. If you program a dealer code, only those settings not associated with phone numbers and the downloader code may be changed
              You may not delete the installer code or clear it from the panel memory. To change the installer code to its default setting, enter 4321.
              Last edited by mattm55; June 3, 2015, 07:05 AM. Reason: Link to Reset Added

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
                It would have to be the Installer Code I believe. From the manual...

You may need to try restting the unit. You can try this but YMMV as it seems it hasn't worked for everyone and careful removing the eprom.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156326
                Since the panel auto configs the AM, I'm thinking if you just disconnect it and then do a power cycle, it will probably remove it ??
                Might be worth trying first.

Z

Comment

I don't have the installer code. The dealer who installed the unit changed it from 4321 to something I don't know and they won't tell me.

I tried disconnecting the module and power cycling the panel and it doesn't unlearn it.

I guess I'm stuck with power it off and selling the house with it off or paying the installer to come in and press < 10 keys to remove the module.

-Mike

Comment

I don't have the installer code. The dealer who installed the unit changed it from 4321 to something I don't know and they won't tell me.

I tried disconnecting the module and power cycling the panel and it doesn't unlearn it.

I guess I'm stuck with power it off and selling the house with it off or paying the installer to come in and press < 10 keys to remove the module.

-Mike
                    Good idea to try power cycle. Too bad it doesn't work. Good to know.

I wouldn't pay anyone. I hate these guys holding you hostage.

Have you tried codes like

1111, 1234, 0000, or any that are something simple? Worth a try.

I would then try the Eprom next.

Matt

Comment

Tried lot of possibilities. 0000, 1234, 4321, 1111-9999; no luck.
                      Tried powering off with battery removed and then removing the eprom for 1+ hour and reinsert and powered up. 4321 still doesn't work.

-Mike

Comment

Tried lot of possibilities. 0000, 1234, 4321, 1111-9999; no luck.
                        Tried powering off with battery removed and then removing the eprom for 1+ hour and reinsert and powered up. 4321 still doesn't work.

-Mike
                        That just plain suxs!

I'm outta ideas other than doing an extensive Google search coming up with just tidbits of many others with the same issue. Whether it's a leftover alarm from a new house, dealer going out of business or board purchased from eBay, this seems to be a problem.

I did find this link which if we could get someone with a reader and come up with a process we might have a solution. I'd be willing to purchase the reader if I knew which one and have guys send me their eprom to read and extract the codes, return eprom with codes for just shipping costs.

I can think of reasons even I may need this someday (replacement board, etc...).

http://electronics.forumsee.com/a/m/...ogramming.html

EDIT: Well after looking into this some more it seems the general consensus is to grab the board only for $100 and go from there instead of doing the eprom read. From my small searches the eprom reader can run into a $1k and then could mess up the programming?? I'm not into learning the ins-outs of eproms and would probably recommend brute force of passwords and then when that doesn't work, get the new main board... Ughhhh.

Matt
                        Last edited by mattm55; June 4, 2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

You saw my old post on hooking up an old laptop or whatever to get the thing to shut up right? Just got a PM from a guy that used a Rasp Pi to get it working also

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152580

Comment

Working...
                          X