Change time clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change time clock

New to this, however cannot find a way to correct the clock on the HomeTroller SEL Pro, can change the geographic location, but cannot change time to GMT. any help much appreciated

I had this exact same problem. I ended up having to go into the command line to change it at the Linux level, and then rebooting the machine for HS3 to take it.

Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly what I did right now -- it's been a long while. I seem to recall that when I typed in a command, it gave me a list of time zones to select from.

It may be worthwhile to submit a help desk ticket or give support a call, as they can walk you through this.

Comment

Found it! You have to use a program called putty in Windows, or if you have a Mac you can do it from the command line.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162243

Comment

Thanks Mikedr, am running the hometroller through firefox on a mac, and am not yet up on linux, dont want to ask for too much, but are you able to provide a step-by-step if I can just use a command in the linux command line in HS3? sorry to be a pain.

Comment

Aha! found a command that changes the time in the linux box
          ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT /etc/localtime

put that in and restarted the machine and all good

Comment

Good deal! Yeah, what I did was enter in those commands via Terminal on the Mac.

I think you'll be happy with the SEL. We have two, one in each house, and they've been rock solid. I don't mess with the one that's at the house where we're not currently staying, and there's never been any issue for it running 6 months. I'll log in periodically only to change events (sprinkler settings and such), but never do any upgrades on the "remote" unit until we get back to the house in question.

Comment

Working...
            X