Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The connected home and car

Hi all,

This one is intresting: http://www.networkworld.com/article/...your-home.html

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Yes!,
    It can be done. Here is another one: http://gizmodo.com/how-connected-car...ome-1751613819

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Already doing this today with a NUC mobile PC, Lilliput touchscreen, Homeseer, VPN, and a hotspot from my mobile carrier. This is definitely the way of the future. Integration of platforms and cloud API's for seamless end to end use case execution and user experience will be to key to user buy-in.

I will likely continue to run my own infrastructure as long as possible, but I bet some day when I am old and retired I will just let the cloud and some vendor manage it all for me.

Comment

Wonder how Google Auto + Homeseer touch could work?

Comment

Although I like the idea, personally giving more distractions in a car isn't needed. The purpose is to get from A to B. I ride a motorcycle and this stuff just adds to the idiots on the rode.

But contradicting, I think it's cool .

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            Although I like the idea, personally giving more distractions in a car isn't needed. The purpose is to get from A to B. I ride a motorcycle and this stuff just adds to the idiots on the rode.
            I can't agree. It depends how it is used, like anything else. The same could be said for GPS, stereos, 2way radios (commercial, government, and amateur), and so on. It's certainly not like texting and driving, especially if automation is used, as there is possibility to integrate without adding any new screens, or to disable distracting elements while driving.

Comment

If you can make it automated, defeat the ability to defeat the safeties that are built there to disable it in motion, then I agree. I also think cell phones should disable above 10 mph too though.

Comment

Working...
              X