Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoundTouch Art Url

Hi,

I'm using the Bose Soundtouch plug-in and I'm designing my screen in HSTouch. I have a issues displaying the Soundtouch art URL.

If I use the status tracking and point it to the SoundTouch Art URL device I get a blank image in return. If I use a text element in HSTouch and set the status tracking one the same Soundtouch device in HS3 I get the top left corner of the image to display.

The only way I get it to display properly is to enter in the URL address from Soundtouch art URL into the imageURLnormal. this method won't change as the song changes automatically. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

I put a page together describing how I have this setup. The graphics are quite responsive on the HSTouch screen and update nicely when the song changes.

http://homeseer.azurewebsites.net/soundtouch/home/

Let me know if you are able to get it working similar to mine or if you need any additional screenshots / information.

regards,
    Last edited by ChrisH; October 2, 2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris,

the way you did the URL art work is how I have mine set up as well. The problem it is only show the top right corner of the image or take my mobile device to the URL website. If I change the element size I'll see more of the image. I've only designated a small portion of the screen for the image. it fits perfectly if I place the url in the ImageURLnormal property of the element.

I'm looking at using a script to take the URL element, but get an error in my log file. I'm still learning how to write scripts in HS3. Do you know the proper format?

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim Soundtouch_URL as string

Soundtouch_URL = hs.devicestring(655)

'hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction",{43,"","Bose Home 'Theater:thumbnail",Soundtouch_URL})

hs.Plugin("HSTouch Server").ClientAction(43,"","Bose Home Theater: thumbnail",Soundtouch_URL)

'hs.writelog("debug", Soundtouch_URL)

End Sub

Mar-03 3:56:22 PM Error 1 Running script /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Soundtouch.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Attempted to access a missing member.

Comment

I did a bit of testing with the built in HomeSeer event to control HSTouch.

In HSTouch Designer I added a new Image, on a Screen called Source, called it ArtUrl and deployed to the tablet.

At the time my BOSE (device 1523) had Art Url (string) of
        http://www.siriusxm.com/albumart/Liv...m.jpg?size=big

Then I created an event in HomeSeer looking like the following,

The first hard coded image works fine but the one pulling from device 1523 doesn't. I'm not sure how to reference a device string like this. Hopefully someone would know how to do this!

regards,
        Last edited by ChrisH; March 5, 2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I got it working using the following,

[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("1523")]

You would use 655. This was in the HSTouch Actions, Set URL property of an element etc.

regards,

Comment

I got it to work with my script. I found the error in my script (highlighted in purple).

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim Soundtouch_URL as string
            Soundtouch_URL = hs.devicestring(655)

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "","ClientAction", new Object() {43,"","Bose Home Theater:thumbnail", Soundtouch_URL})

End Sub

I like your method better. It's a lot cleaner than using a script. I'm going use yours.

Thank for your help!

Comment

Am pleased it is working. I wrapped it all together with an Event,

IF This device just had its value set or changed SoundTouch Art Url

with a payload of what is above. I'm guessing that is the most efficient way to capture the url change. Let me know if you find anything better.

I'll update the plugin help pages with this information in case anyone else wants to do this.

Comment

Ideally, it would be nice to monitor the string value and use that to trigger the action. What's happens is the event continues to repeat itself every couple seconds (I'm assume that's HS3 scan rate).

The device value doesn't change, but the string values does. If we could use the string value to trigger the event on "This device value that just changed" it shouldn't keep repeating until the next song.

In the meantime I also put the condition that the power has to equal to On. At least it won't keep repeating the event when it's Off.

Comment

I see what you are talking about. When using the Event it fires every time the plugin refreshes the devices since HomeSeer look at the value. I looked on these forums and there seemed to be some discontent that HomeSeer does not have a condition to look for the string changing.

I already have another plugin called EasyTrigger that offers string monitoring into HomeSeer. I switched over to that plugin, used "this device has a string that just changed" and now the event only fires when the string changes.

Comment

Okay. Sweet! I will take a look at that and see how it goes.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X